Chapter 22: Regression

'What have I become????

This is not what I promised her....

I need to revert back to the real me...

I need to make her feel at home again..'

Tring Tring

"Hmm?"

Surya checks his phone.

It's a message from Asha.

"I'm sorry, please forget about me."

Surya quietly keeps the phone. He gets ready and heads out.

His expression is tense.

"She's just mad that's all... That must be it. After all, I've been a complete dick to her since last year."

He keeps walking down the street. Few people still give looks to him but he's used to that now.

"I'll convince her... I'll show her that I can change... That can become better."

He doesn't even need to ask where she is as, since morning, an area nearby has been jam-packed.

"That must be the perimeter, formed by their guild."

He walks through the crowd and reaches the boundary. He hears the people talking.

"I hear, only the S ranks of the Trident guild are joining this guild."

"It's going to get dangerous soon, don't you think we should evacuate?"

"I heard that the Monarchs said this is a different type of gate... That monsters won't come out this time for some reason."

"But still..."

"Don't worry, look there's Siddharth... If he's here nothing can go wrong. He's almost as strong as the Monarchs themselves isn't he."

"Over there, look there's that female hunter, who made her return last year. I heard, she's second in command of this guild."

"Yeah, she and the guild master go way back. She's been with him since her teens."

"But I heard she's married to that traitor."

Flinch

Surya glares at them.

They quickly move away.