Chapter 19: Boiling point

"I gotta find him quick..."

Asha was running at full speed towards the gym.

'Oh god what has happened.... And after all this time too.'

She begins to recall the things that she saw on the TV but then, as soon as she got to the main street, her eyes shot wide open with horror. In all the televisions in the stores, screens visible from the street, Surya's face was being shown with that one word.

"Traitor."

The news reporter continues,

"As you can see, the International Olympic Committee has banned Surya Singh permanently from participating in the Olympics. Alongside him, the entire country is also being banned for the next 3 three Olympics. Basically speaking, even in times of crisis, there are people like this. Because of one man an entire country has been put to shame."

All the people present had their eyes glued to the screens. Flames of anger started to burn in their hearts as their faces crumpled.

Step

Not being able to process this, Asha took a step forward before coming to her senses.

'I have to find him.'

It only took her a few moments to reach her destination. But the sign on the door said that it was closed.

"Oh god, where is he."

But then she sensed someone looking at her from above. She turns to see who it is and then she sees. The head coach was looking at her from the building through a window.

He signaled her to come up, and she hurried. And as soon as she gets to him.

"Sir, do you know where he is??? He's been gone since the morning and his phone.... H..he isn't.."

The coach interrupts her by showing her his palm.

"He's inside, I was the one who called him in the morning since I got the news early. He's been inside the gym since then. Because of the situation I decided that the gym should be closed for today."

Hearing this, she rushed to go see him before the head coach says,

"Better be careful now, he's not in a stable position right now."

She ignores him but as soon as she opens the door.

"Keep working... Keep working... Keep working... Prove them wrong... You have to prove them wrong right?? ... Yes... Keep working."

Surya was sitting alone in the corner. He looks at Asha and smiles.

"Hey, Asha... What are you doing here ??? Let's work out together.. it's been a while right... Yeah let's go and work out together... We haven't done this since a very long time... Yes... Let's do that... Let's do that... Let's do that... That'll be nice... That'll be very nice... We can prove them wrong together... We can work together... You wanted a good life right... Let's have a good life together... You, me, mom and dad... Yes... Let's do that... That'll be good... That'll be very good indeed.."

Gulp

Shocked to see Surya like this, she walks to him and sits beside him.

The smile on his face disappears as he turns to face her.

"Asha what did I do?"

She couldn't answer him.

"Was I that bad?? Am I getting punished for something??? Did I do something in my previous life??? Did I do something so wrong ???"