Chapter 25: Aftermath

Sirens ringing

The area around the gate is filled with ambulances, fire trucks, police, and hunter institute vehicles.

Although Sid had intervened and blocked the opening of the gate, the entire area was almost completely demolished.

After completion of their survey, the agents from the hunter institute and police officers make the following summary.

"Eight people dead, guild members of the Charger and Lantern guild for trapped inside the gate along with King Diablo and Zaid Shah. One more person, Surya Singh somehow got inside the gate and was trapped alongside the others. Over 50 injured, including hunters, agents, and civilians. Property damage mostly occurred by the damage to nearby buildings and one under construction which was valued at Rs. 50 crores."

The agent after reading this sighed,

"Gosh, what the hell happened here??"

He then reads the last paragraph,

"Asha Singh, the only hunter confirmed dead inside the gate. Fifteen hunters of the Trident guild have transformed into demons, likely due to the intervention of King Diablo."

The agent makes the connection,

"Wait, Surya Singh?? Asha Singh?? Aren't they?? Did the guy just go inside the gate to find..."

Sigh

He turns to look at Sid only to find him hunched over with his hand on his head looking towards the ground.

Sid with his eyes wide open,

'What happened there??? Why was the architect there?? Surya is a Monarch?? But King Diablo...

Wait, does that mean??? Did they kill Asha knowingly?? But then why tell me to protect them???'

Urgh

"Too much is happening... I need to find the truth..."

But then he remembers about Asha. His promise to her sister.

"Sorry, I failed you too."

'Dammit, dammit, dammit.'

A teardrop forms in his eye, as he lets the fact settle in,

"I lost my sister today..."

...................................

Somewhere, in a large room completely dark.