Chapter 5 - Unsaid Feelings

Precap: "Suthanu's wedding bells" says Babhruvahana turning around only to freeze

Yudhishtir stands at the doorway surprise covering his face as he stares at the two of them.

====================================

Lost in defending herself, Suthanu fails to recognize the person at the doorway and shoves Babhruvahana still facing the window. Her laughter stops midway as she realizes that Babru is neither moving nor bracing himself. Turning around, she follows her brother's gaze and gasps finally acknowledging her father.

Raising a brow and maintaining a poker face, Yudhishtir repeats his question, "What is going on here? What is this I hear putri ?" Suthanu opens her mouth but nothing coherent leaves it as she fumbles with her words in nervousness. Babru jabs her midriff gently with his elbow hissing at her to gather herself. Taking charge of the situation, he says, "Greeting uncle. Suthanu has something to tell you and mata Draupadi." Glaring at her brother, Suthanu wishes she could haul him out of the window while smiling wearily at her father. Babru escapes the room with the excuse of calling Draupadi to the study.

Cursing her brother for leaving her alone to handle the aftermath of his shenanigans, Suthanu shuffles her way to the king. Her guilt laden gaze lifts up to her father from under her eyelashes as she fiddles with the hem of her dress. Surprising her, her father cups her cheek gently and says in a calm voice, "Putri you do not have to hide anything from me or your mother. If you like someone, inform us. If the boy is good enough for our princess, we will arrange a grand wedding for you both." Suthanu hugs her father to express her happiness as words fail her at the moment.

While the father and daughter relish each other's embrace in a comfortable silence, true to his word, Babhruvahana brings the queen of Hastinapur to the study. From her father's embrace, Suthanu glares at her brother narrowing her eyes when her brother smiles back mischievously. "Babhru said you have something to tell me putri? " asks Draupadi announcing her presence. Chuckling, Dharmaraj replies instead of his Thanu, "It seems our dear daughter is in love priye." Babhruvahana slowly steps back attempting to slip out unnoticed but is dragged back into the room by his ear.

"Ouch. It hurts. Uncle Yudhishtir. Please leave me." he cries out loud. "Drama queen" mutters Suthanu. Dropping him in a chair near them, the son of Kunti turns to his daughter and asks her, "So, who is the lucky boy?" "Lucky?"questions Babru trying to tease his sister further. However, before Suthanu can cause any damage, the fire born conks his head sending him a warning look. Sulking in his seat, he observes his sister reveal her story to her parents. Once everything is settled between the three, Babru gets up to leave the room only to be stopped again.

"Where are you going? We are not done yet."calls Yudhishtir. Babru senses mischief in his tone - something very rare for the usually calm king. He looks expectantly at his uncle bracing himself for whatever is to follow. "Suthanu opened up her feelings due to you. We are very grateful for your help and think that you should be rewarded for it." The king of Manipur's eyes flicker back and forth between the father-daughter duo as his inner voice raises an alarm that the reward might be a punishment in disguise. He stares at his uncle with his heart in his hand as his uncle continues, "Since all of this possible due to you, why don't you take forward the proposal to Dwarakdheesh and get their acceptance?"

Yudhishtir looks at his daughter from the corner of his eye and lets it drop in a wink. "Me?" squeaks Babhruvahana. He has heard numerous praises of the great king of Dwaraka from a lot of people. He also heard stories of the friendship between his father and the king. All of these made him eager to meet the man himself and create a good first impression. Out of all the scenarios, this was not how he imagined meeting the best of Yadav clan. "Yes. You. You were so excited and dragged me here. What happened now?" asks Draupadi chuckling.