Chapter 6 - Krishna

Glossary:

Putr - Son

Gandivdhari - The holder of Gandiv bow

Savyasachi - One who can use both hands as his/her dominant hand

Bhrata - Elder brother

Dwarakadheesh - King of Dwaraka

Maharaj - King

Walking through the halls, Babhruvahana can feel the excitement in the air. The slight murmur flowing through as helpers rush around trying to get everything done and make the arrangements perfect. Few shouts can be heard nearby as Babhru peeks from the balcony to see few ministers shouting instructions to the helpers to deeply scrutinize every shipment that enters the kingdom. From a distance, carts can be seeing rolling in carrying flowers, culinary items, and much more. His warrior eyes can also see the citizens a distance away, in an equal hustle trying to decorate their homes. It is not frequent for the king of Dwaraka to announce his arrival in advance. So, the new king of Hastinapur is leaving no stone un-turned to utilize this golden opportunity and provide a grand welcome to the lord himself.

The buzz is affecting everyone in Hastinapur and making a smile bloom on every individuals face except one. Though immensely happy, Babhruvahana is equally nervous for the arrival of his uncle. The prospect of putting forward his sister's marriage proposal is making the hairs on the back of his neck raise. "Putr!" he hears a call. "Putr! Why do I fail to see a smile on your face? Are you worried about the marriage proposal?" asks Sahadev placing a comforting hand on Babhruvahana's shoulder. Sighing slightly in relief, the young king leans into his uncle's hand and tilts his head agreeing to it. Finally someone he can talk to. He wonders how it did not strike him to go to his youngest uncle.

Chuckling at his nephew's state of tumult, Sahadev asks him, "Son, why are you so anxious about meeting Vasudev? He is one of the most easy going person you can ever meet." Sighing, Babhru answers, "It is not the prospect of talking to him that worries me, It is the topic in itself." Sahadev's questioning gaze makes him elaborate further. "Prince Bhanu means a lot to Suthanu. I don't want to do or say something that can sabotage this for her." At this, the youngest Pandav bursts out laughing. "Poor you, I think everyone's teasing has caught onto you. Vasudev somehow always knows everything. Do you really think he would not know if his son and niece are in love? Especially if the love bloomed under his nose."

The wheels in the young king's head turn as realization paints his cheeks red. Nodding at his uncle, he says, "Thank you uncle. It does give me some relief." Patting his nephew's back, Sahadev sends a reassuring smile his way while encouraging him one last time saying, "Do not stress about it. You may end up realizing your fears due to nervousness." While the eyes of the young king of Manipur follow his uncle leaving, his mind takes him to the memory of the first time he has heard of the king of Dwaraka. The reason why he is so nervous about this meeting.