Chapter 4

Flashback

Calista sat at the table reading a book when Rumpelstiltskin walked into the room and walked towards the crystal ball. Calista glanced at him as he waved his hand over the ball and he saw a woman with blonde hair dressed in rags watching three women leave in a carriage. They saw a fairy fly to her and grew as her wings went into her body.

Rumpelstiltskin looked at Calista as she looked back at her book, "What?" He asked.

"You going to make a deal with her?" Calista asked as she looked at him and shook her head a little.

"No, I'm getting a fairy's wand, dearie, is there something you want to say about it?" Rumpelstiltskin asked

"Whatever I say, you'll never listen... You're like a child Rumpel," Calista stood up, "I need a new book," She said and walked away.

Rumpelstiltskin disappeared in red smoke and appeared behind the fairy godmother who stood in front of the blonde woman in rags - Cinderella. He used his magic to make the fairy godmother disintegrate, dropping her wand. Rumpelstiltskin picked up the wand.

"What... What did you do?" Cinderella asked.

"Now, now, I got what I wanted. There's no need to be frightened," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"No need? You just killed my fairy godmother, she was trying to help me," Cinderella said.

"Was she? Do you know what this is?" Rumpelstiltskin asked as he held up the wand.

"Pure magic," Cinderella said.

"Pure evil. Trust me, I've done you a favour. All magic comes with a price," Rumpelstiltskin said.