Chapter 15

A few days later, Kathleen walked with Emma to Granny's Diner, the two walked to the diner as August was leaving, "I've been meaning to bump into you," He said looking at Emma.

"My queue to leave... Nice to see you again," Kathleen said and walked into the diner, she walked over and sat with Mary Margaret.

"Who she talking to?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Some guy," Kathleen said and ordered a coffee.

"You okay?" Mary Margaret asked.

"No, but I'll live," Kathleen said and Granny gave her the coffee she ordered.

Emma walked into the diner and sat with them, "Who was that?" Mary Margaret asked Emma.

"I don't know yet," Emma said.

"Yet? So, you're going to find out?" Mary Margaret asked.

"It's nothing," Emma said.

"Nothing with you means something, because if it were nothing, we wouldn't be talking about it," Mary Margaret said.

"She does have a point," Kathleen said and sipped her coffee.

"I'm sorry, I thought Mary Margaret called us here to talk about her?" Emma said looking at Mary Margaret.

"Yeah, but talking about the two of you is easier right now," Mary Margaret said.

"What is it? What's going on?" Kathleen asked.

"Remember when you both told me to stay away from Davis and I agreed?" Mary Margaret said in a whisper.

"Yes," Emma and Kathleen answered in a whisper.

"I didn't," Mary Margaret whispered.

"Yeah, I know," Emma whispered as Kathleen nodded.

"You do? How?" Mary Margaret asked quietly.

"Because she's Sheriff, I'm ex-Detective and you are a lovesick school teacher," Kathleen said quietly.

"Covering your tracks is not exactly your strong suit," Emma said quietly.

"Well, I've been discre-" Mary Margaret began in a loud voice, "Discrete," She recovered in a quieter voice.

"Two teacups in the sink, new perfume, late nights, plunging necklines," Emma said.

"Late nights, plunging necklines, seeing you sneaking out of the building, smiling at your texts," Kathleen said.

"It was not hard to connect the dots," Emma said.

Mary Margaret looked at the chest, at the clothes then Emma and Kathleen, "Plunging?" Mary Margaret said.

"When I met you, you were a top button kind of girl," Emma said.

"And as long as I've known you, you've been a top button girl," Kathleen said.

"Huh? Why didn't you two say anything?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Not my business," Kathleen said.

"Yeah and I'm not your mother," Emma said.

"No. Well, according to Henry, I'm yours," Mary Margaret said.

"I just figured that you would let us know when it was time," Emma said.

"We're assuming it's time," Kathleen said.

"He's telling Kathryn," Mary Margaret said.

"Everything?" Emma asked.

"Everything," Mary Margaret said.