一 | アヤネ ゾルディック

A silver haired girl walked down the dark streets of Musutafu, Japan, bruised and battered, scratches and wounds littering her body, her clothes ripped and torn. And yet, she seemed to walk just fine, her expression remaining calm and collected.

"Hey kid," a gruff voice called out to her. "Stop right there." She stoped, not bothering to turn around. "What are you doing out this late? It's dangerous, not to mention you're all cut up." The girl felt the man approach her. "Don't come any closer," she spoke in monotone, still not turning around. "Or I'll kill you." She released a bit of bloodlust into the air, causing the man to freeze.

'This kid...' The man thought, unable to move. At that moment, his body was frozen in fear. It felt like an eternity before the girl retracted her bloodlust, allowing the man to move again. "Hey!" He called as she begins to walk again. "At least come with me to a hospital or a police station. In your condition, you're sure to die without treatment!" The girl glared in front of her. "Don't underestimate me. These scratches are nothing to me."

The man, however, refused to let the child go, opting to follow her as she walked. The girl sighed, ultimately giving in. "Fine, I'll go with you to a police station," she said, finally turning around. The man gets a good look at her face, her cat-like electric blue eyes flashing with annoyance. In turn the girl got to look at the man's face. He wore all black with a long scarf around his neck, and he looked unshaven, reminding her of a homeless person.

The two walk silently to the police station, keeping a good distance between them. "Eraserhead? What are you doing with a child-oh my god, Eraser she's all beat up! We need to get her to a hospital quick!" A policeman shouted frantically. The girl held up a hand. "There's no need. I'll heal just fine." 

"Eraserhead, she's a child, she's got no say in the matter-"

"That's enough. I've already talked to her. She's not going to a hospital. I've just brought her in for questioning."

"....Alright then, I trust in your judgement," he agreed reluctantly. "This way please." He took the girl to a back room with a table and two chairs on either side. "Please sit, I'll have Takeuchi come in and question her." The policeman left after that. Shortly after, a man walked in. "I can take it from here, Eraserhead," he spoke. "Right, I'll leave her in your care." And with that, Eraserhead walked out. "Hello there, may I ask your name?" He asked softly so as not to startle the girl. She inwardly rolls her eyes, knowing that he thinks she's fragile. "Ayane Zoldyck."

"Z-Zoru-di-iku?" He struggled to pronounce it. Ayane sighed. Was her name really that foreign sounding? "Ah, how old are you?"

"I'm 10."

"Alright. Can you tell me what happened to you? How did you get all those wounds?"

"I was on a job, and one of my targets got away, so when I got home my mother and older brother decided to torture me for a bit. It was such a pain, so I stabbed them both and ran away. Then I met this weird guy who said he could send me far away from my family, so I took the opportunity. And voila, here I am," she explained nonchalantly. Tsukauchi was at a loss for words. Just what kind of jobs was this girl taking? Targets? Her family tortured her! That was abuse! And she just stabbed them and ran away?? Not to mention she met a random person who promised to take her away! The story was just too crazy to be true, right?

Wrong.

Tsukauchi's ability gave him the power to differentiate between lies and truths. And so far, everything the girl had said was true. "...If I may ask, just where exactly does your family live?"

"Seriously? Are you people living under a rock or something? Everyone knows the Zoldyck family of assassins lives on Kukuroo Mountain," Ayane spoke with her hands resting lazily behind her head. Tsukauchi stopped. "A-assassins?"

"Yup, we're all in the business of murder. What, you scared?" Tsukauchi gulped. 'She's not lying, but I've never heard of this Kukuroo Mountain before...'

"Ayane, what's your quirk?"

'Quirk? Ah, I get it now. That old guy must've sent me to a different world or something. That would explain why these people have never heard of the Zoldyck family before.'

"Don't have one."

"I see...Well, I think I have a few options for you. Based on what you've told me, we won't be sending you back to your family. We can, however, put you in the foster care system, or, if you'd like, we can put you in a special program that allows you to live with heroes. Due to your, ahem, background, they'd be able to keep you under control and restrain you if you ever felt like killing someone."

'Unlikely. That guy who I threatened earlier didn't even use nen. I know this is a different world, but still, if these guys don't use nen they're basically just walking targets for me to prey on.'

"Hmmm...I'll pass on that program. Sounds stupid."

"Wha-are you sure??"

"Yeah, positive."

"W-well in that case, we've already got a family that's looking to adopt, so we'll introduce you tomorrow. It's getting late, so you can stay here at the police station and rest."

"Nah, I can go without sleep for a few days so I'll be fine."

Tsukauchi resisted the urge to gasp. A few days without sleep?! But really, was anything surprising when it came to this girl? She was an assassin for god's sake!

"A-alright then, I'll leave you to it..."

——

so this is pretty much what I imagined Ayane to look like face wise

so this is pretty much what I imagined Ayane to look like face wise. She's basically a female Killua lmao (btw the picture isn't mine)