五 | 相澤消太

A few months had passed, and it was now spring time, the start of school. Though Hitoshi hadn't been accepted into the hero course, he was still going to be attending UA in the general studies department, so the two headed out together that morning. "Hitoshi, Ayane!!" Kasumi called, stopping the two at the door. Daisuke stood next to his wife, both of them smiling fondly.

"Yeah?" Hitoshi responded. "We're so proud of you two, okay? Don't ever forget that. Even if you're not going down the path you wanted, Hitoshi, I'm positive that one day you'll be a great hero. And Ayane, you may have made it into the hero course, but don't slack off! Knowing you, you'll call it boring and half-ass it."

Ayane blushed, turning away. Kasumi really knew her well, huh. Hitoshi snickered beside her. "But don't forget, we'll always be cheering you on, both of you. Daisuke," Kasumi finished, elbowing her husband who was nodding along. "A-ah, right. Do us proud, you two." Daisuke gave a thumbs up.

Hitoshi and Ayane shared a look before they snickered. "C'mon dad, you make it so easy to bully you," Hitoshi said. "Yeah, what he said," Ayane agreed, giggling. "What?? I'm just trying to be supportive here!"

"We know, we know. We'll be sure to make you proud." And with that, the two headed out.

The walk to school wasn't a very long one, and the two students spent it silently, basking in each other's presence. There was a comforting silence, and the two used it to calm their nerves. Hitoshi, for one, was nervous about making friends, for people still saw his quirk as villainous. Ayane, on the other hand, was somewhat nervous about making friends, but more so about people being afraid of her. This was UA, the top hero academy in all of Japan, so the students in the hero course were sure to be powerful enough to handle her presence, right?

"Well, I guess this is where we part ways," Hitoshi started, rubbing the back of his head. The two stood in front of the school, looking it up and down. "Yeah. We'll meet up after school?" Hitoshi nodded. "See you then." The two shared a determined look before fist bumping, going separate directions. Ayane wandered the halls, looking for the class 1-A. While walking, she spotted a boy with wild green hair, the freckled one from the entrance exam. 'Hey, I know him! Wonder what class he's in.'

"1-A...where's 1-A..." he mumbled to himself. 'Ah, well just my luck, we're in the same class.'

"Hey!" She called out. The boy stopped, looking around frantically. As soon as his eyes landed on Ayane he blushed, pointing to himself as if to ask 'me?' "Yeah, you. You're in class 1-A, right?" The boy gulped. "Y-yeah..." 

"Cool, so we're headed to the same place. Wanna walk together?" She offered, placing her hands behind her head. "Wah, really?! S-sure!"

'Could this be a new friend...?' the boy thought to himself as the two began to walk together. "So, what's your name?" Ayane asked, striking a conversation. "O-oh, it's Midoriya Izuku...what's your name?" 

"Nice to meet you Midoriya, the name's Ayane Zoldyck."

"Z-Zol-dyck?"

"Wow, I'm impressed. You can say my name right. Well, sort of."

"Oh, do people usually say it wrong?"

"Yeah, it's foreign so people usually have trouble pronouncing it. People used to just call me Zol for short."

"Zol? That sounds cool, actually...but to be honest, I think I like Zoldyck better. It fits you..."

"Ah, thanks," Ayane gave Midoriya a closed eyed smile, to which he blushed furiously. He seemed to be the nervous type. Soon enough, they came across a big door with 1-A painted on it. "This door's humongous..." Midoriya trailed off. Ayane nodded in agreement. Midoriya slowly opened the door, clearly nervous. "Don't put your legs on the desk! Don't you think that's disrespectful towards your classmates?!" The uptight boy from the exam yelled at another student, the blasty boy, to be exact.