八 | アヤネvs轟

"HMM, I'D SAY THE BEST IN THIS MATCH WAS YOUNG ZOLDYCK!!!"

"It makes sense, she was the winner," said Tsuyu.

"I WONDER WHY I COULD POSSIBLY THINK SO~~? WHO KNOWS WHY?!!"

"Yes, All Might Sensei. Ayane came up with a solid plan and showed perfect execution. Having watched the fight, Bakugou's behavior was clearly driven by some personal grudge, and thus totally arbitrary. Furthermore, just as you told us earlier, sensei, a large-range attack in an indoor area is just idiotic. The same reasoning goes for Midoriya. Uraraka's game got loose halfway through and her final attack was too reckless. We were treating that paper mâché thing as an actual nuclear weapon, so that kind of attack wouldn't have flown. Iida did devise a counter strategy against an opponent because he correctly supposed the match would revolve around the core. While he was too slow in reacting to that last attack," Momo explained.

"C...correct answer!"

"We should always start our studies with that's familiar! And if we don't cheer each other on wholeheartedly, then we'll never become top heroes!" The second battle began at a new arena. This time Ayane chose to hide at the back of the building.

"One of them's on the north side of the fourth floor...the other's somewhere on the same floor...yes, barefoot..." Shoji spoke to his partner, Todoroki. "And the vigilante?"

"...I can't detect her. It's as if her presence has been completely erased."

'I see. Based on that first battle, I'd say she's our biggest threat,' the heterochromic boy thought to himself. "This'll get hairy, so go outside. If they intend to make this a defensive game..." he started, freezing the whole building. "Then this won't be much for me." Todoroki made his way up to the fourth floor, where his opponent, Ojiro, stood frozen.

"You can take a step if you like. Do be aware, however, that peeling the skin off the sole of your foot doesn't look good for your ability to fight." Suddenly, Ojiro fell to the ground, going limp. Behind him stood the silver haired Zoldyck, her hand in the air where Ojiro's neck would be. "I see. I had a feeling you would come at a time like this," Todoroki spoke, getting into a fighting stance. Ayane kept her expression blank, turning to the faux weapon. "Don't move, or I'll freeze your whole body," he threatened.

'Well, I suppose he did get in on recommendation, so fighting him might be entertaining,' Ayane thought. Ayane turned back to Todoroki with a smirk on her face. "Go ahead, come at me." Todoroki grit his teeth, glaring at her. "Are you really that cocky that you'd underestimate me?"

"Well then, prove me wrong." Todoroki, now angry, slammed his foot on the ground, causing a wave of ice to be sent towards Ayane, who sidestepped the attack with ease. Ayane then pulled a yo-yo, swinging it around.

 Ayane then pulled a yo-yo, swinging it around

"A yo-yo? Are you serious?" Todoroki scoffed. Ayane smirked, sending the yo-yo towards Todoroki's head at an alarming speed. He barely dodged, watching with wide eyes as the yo-yo made contact with the wall, shattering it. 'What the hell?? It's a yo-yo for god's sake, so how did it manage to do so much damage?' Ayane continued to send her yo-yo towards Todoroki, watching as he tried his best to dodge. She watched as Todoroki seemed to notice something, his eyes shining with a plan.

He suddenly charged at her, aiming for her right flank, which she had left open on purpose. Todoroki smirked, thinking he had it made, kicking her. Ayane grinned as she pulled out a second yo-yo, swinging it around a nearby pillar, hitting Todoroki in the back of the head, effectively knocking him out cold.

----

In the monitor room...

Class 1-A watched as Ayane pulled out a yo-yo, swinging it around. "Is that a yo-yo?!" Uraraka yelled, surprised. "What's she gonna do with that? Play around with it," Kaminari snickered. "I don't know guys, maybe we shouldn't underestimate her...I mean, she did come in first place on yesterday's quirk assessment test..." Kirishima trailed off. "Yeah, but come on, man, it's a yo-yo," Sero said.

"Look, look! She's attacking with it!" Mina pointed at the screen, and the students watched with horrified expressions as the yo-yo hit the wall behind Todoroki, smashing it. "How...how heavy is that thing??" Kaminari asked. "IF I WERE TO GUESS, I'D SAY ABOUT 50 KILOGRAMS EACH!" All Might interjected.

"f-fifty?!"

"Each?!"

"Holy crap that's insane!! And just look at how fast she moves them!!"

The class continued to watch as Todoroki tried to dodge all of Ayane's incoming attacks before he suddenly launched at her, aiming a kick to her right flank. "She was totally open!" They stopped, however, as Ayane smirked, pulling out a second yo-yo and sending it around a pillar, hitting Todoroki in the back of the head, knocking him out. "Wha-what just happened??"

"THAT, STUDENTS, WAS A FAKE OUT! YOUNG ZOLDYCK PRETENDED TO LEAVE HERSELF OPEN IN ATTEMPTS TO LURE YOUNG TODOROKI TO HER! THEN, AT THE LAST SECOND, SHE PULLED OUT A SECOND YO-YO, WHICH TODOROKI WAS UNABLE TO SEE!"

"She totally took out Todoroki like it was nothing!!"

"Wait, guys, doesn't that mean she didn't even use her quirk on him? I mean, fighting with those yo-yo's and all..." Mina trailed off. Everyone stopped, realized that she was, in fact, right. Ayane hadn't used her quirk once the entire time. "AH, THE VIGILANTE WINS!!" All Might announced as everyone's attention went back to the screen which showed Ayane touching the weapon. She then used her yo-yo's to destroy the ice around Ojiro's feet, picking both him and Todoroki up to carry them back to the monitor room.

A few minutes later, Todoroki woke up. The first thing he saw was Ayane with her hands leisurely behind her head. He glared at her, remembering how he had lost. "Oh, you're awake. Sorry about knocking you out," she apologized halfheartedly. Todoroki didn't respond, instead looking away. Ayane shrugged, figuring she wasn't going to get a response out of him. The rest of the battles played out with Ayane not doing much. After deciding the other fights weren't worth it, she kind of just sat them out.

"GOOD WORK, EVERYONE!! APART FROM YOUNG MIDORIYA, THERE WERE NO BIG INJURIES! NEVERTHELESS, NO HOLDS WERE BARRED!! FOR YOUR FIRST FULL TRAINING EXERCISE, YOU ALL DID WONDERFULLY!"

"Such an honest lesson right on the heels of Aizawa-sensei's...kinda anticlimactic if you ask me..."

"HONEST LESSONS ALSO FALL IN LINE WITH OUR FREEDOM HERE ON CAMPUS! NOW THEN, I'M GOING TO SHARE THAT CRITIQUE FROM EARLIER WITH YOUNG MIDORIYA! CHANGE CLOTHES AND RETURN TO THE CLASSROOM!" And with that, All Might sped off, leaving a trail of dust behind.

After school, Ayane's classmates patiently awaited Midoriya's return. Well, except for Bakugou and a few others, or people who stayed after school just to stay. "Oh hey Midoriya!!! Nice job back there!!" Kirishima greeted the green haired boy who had finally returned from the nurses office. "Well, I couldn't hear what you were saying, but that was some heated stand off, man!!"

"You dodged like a champ!" Mina exclaimed.

"That first match was so intense it fired us all up!"

"Yo, I'm Kirishima Eijrou! We were just finishing up our review meeting about the exercise!"

"Hi, I'm Ashido Mina! You dodged him really well!"

"I'm Asui Tsuyu, but call me Tsuyu, okay?"

"Heya! Sato here!"

"Pipe down..." Tokoyami sighed out from his seat on his desk.

"Stop sitting on the desk! Stop this instant!!" Iida ordered, chopping the air.

"Huh?! Deku, your wounds! Are they not healed yet?!" Uraraka shouted, approaching Midoriya.

"Ah, don't worry, this is just because my physical strength is a bit sapped...More importantly, Uraraka...where is Kacchan?"

"Oh, Bakugou? You just missed him."

Midoriya ran off after that, presumably to catch up with Bakugou.