二 | 心操人使

The next day came rather quickly, and Tsukauchi returned to take Ayane to her new foster family. The drive over wasn't too long, and soon enough they had arrived at a decent sized house. Since Eraserhead was busy with his "hero" work, he couldn't be there to see her off. Not that Ayane really cared anyway. They had only known each other for a limited time and within that frame she had been rather annoyed with him due to the fact he didn't stop bothering her until she caved to go to either a police station or hospital.

Also within the day before and that moment, Ayane had taken it upon herself to heal using nen, which surprised everyone at the station, but after Tsukauchi's questioning as to wether or not she had a healing quirk, they left her alone after she told them no. "We're here," announced Tsukauchi as he stepped out of the car. Ayane followed him up to the door, tapping her foot against the pavement as the detective rung the doorbell. "Yes, hello? Ah, Tsukauchi! You're finally here! And this must be Ayane! We're so delighted to have you. Please, come in!" A woman with pale purple hair ushered them inside where two people sat at a table. The older man had violet hair and the younger, a boy around Ayane's age, had unruly purple hair.

"Daisuke, Hitoshi, look! We've got visitors," the woman sang, leading the two over to them. 'Daisuke? Hitoshi? What odd names,' Ayane thought to herself, having never heard such foreign sounding names before. The woman then bent down to Ayane's level, smiling. "Hello there dear, my name is Kasumi, welcome to the Shinsou family!" Ayane blushed slightly at the woman's friendliness, not used to someone being so happy. "Well, everything should be set. We'll just need you to sign a few more papers and then you'll be all good," Tsukauchi said with a small smile.

"Alright. If you'll just follow us to the office, we can sign those papers. In the meantime, Hitoshi, why don't you say hi to Ayane!" Kasumi smiled to the boy, motioning to Ayane. "Okay..." The adults went off to another room, leaving only the two children. "So..." Ayane started, feeling slightly awkward. She hadn't had much interaction with children her age besides her brothers and sister, but even that was limited considering most of her time was spent training and learning how to deal with torture. "I'm Shinsou Hitoshi, but I'm sure you already knew that..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah, ahaha," Ayane laughed awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, I don't have many friends, so this is kind of new to me..." said Hitoshi. "Same here." There was an awkward silence. "Do you like heroes?" Hitoshi asked out of the blue. "I'm not sure. I've only ever met one and he was a real pain."

"Oh..."

"What's your quirk?" Ayane decided to ask, since quirks seemed to be a pretty big thing in this world.

"Well..." Hitoshi looked away nervously.

"Don't wanna say? That's cool, you don't have to."

Hitoshi sighed a breath of relief. "What about you?" Ayane thought for a moment before winking at Hitoshi. "Secret," she said, deciding to play along with the whole quirk thing. It would be a real pain if people thought she didn't have any powers and then suddenly she started using nen. Soon enough, Hitoshi's parents and Tsukauchi came out of the office room. "Alright then, I'll be heading out. You take care, Ayane," Tsukauchi spoke, standing at the doorway. "Yeah yeah, will do."

He was soon gone and now Ayane was left alone with the family. "Well now, why don't we get you settled into your room," Kasumi smiled. "Daisuke, would you mind?" "Ah, sure. Come this way," Daisuke motioned to the stairs, leading the girl up to a pretty plain room. The others followed suit, Hitoshi hiding slightly behind his mother. "We didn't know what kind of things you'd like, so we left everything plain for now. If you want we can go shopping," Daisuke spoke, looking Ayane up and down wearily. Yeah, she was still wearing her torn up clothes, but thankfully the family didn't comment on it, though she could tell they were curious as well as worried. "Okay then."

"Hitoshi, why don't you lend her some clothes for the time being. I'm sure you've got something that could fit her," Kasumi brought up. "Ah, alright..." Hitoshi went off to a room beside Ayane's, presumably his, Ayane following him. He came out of the closet, handing her a navy blue hoodie and some shorts. After changing, the family set out to go shopping which Ayane found rather tedious, but she couldn't complain, they were her new family after all.