Chapter 27

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Misty. Happy birthday to you" I barge into Misty's bedroom singing to her. Today my biggest baby turns 18. How crazy can this get? I have an 18 year old now. She picks up her pillow and throws it at me.

"MUMMMMMMMM" she yells. "It is only 6am. Why would you wake me up this bloody early?" she cries out. All I can do is laugh. I walk back out of her room and close the door behind me. Still laughing as I make my way down to the kitchen, Lacy cocks her head at me. "I woke her up but I don't think she is getting out of bed" I tell her. Lacy huffs and heads on down the hallway. It is her turn now.

I can hear Misty screaming again but this time it is at Lacy. I start uncontrollably laughing again. Lacy runs into the kitchen "Hormonal crazy pregnant woman on her way down" Lacy giggles out. We both hide down behind the counter. Jason has squished himself between the fridge and the wall. It's probably not a smart idea to scare the pregnant lady but come on, a little bit fun won't hurt her.

We can hear her stomping down the hallway. Lacy and I are trying to silence our giggles. I am biting my arm and Lace is hiding her face in her top. "Mum, Lacy, I am gonna kick both of your arses. I am tired and you both think this is bloody funny" Misty yells out. On the counter top is an envelope addressed to Misty. She needed a car for once bubba has arrived, so Lacy and I sat down and decided to gift Misty, Alex's car. It was just sitting in the garage not doing anything. I didn't want to sell it as it was the last thing we had that was truly his.

We hear Misty opening the envelope. I'm am trying to hold in my sobs. The minute I hear the first whimper from Misty's mouth, I jump up. I never got to say surprise before Misty completely broke down. Luckily Jason was right behind her and caught her before she hit the floor. I run around to the otherside of the island bench and slide down onto my knees next to her, holding her in my arms.

"Are you serious about this mum?" she asks me. I try to speak but I can't get the words to come out so I just nod my head at her. This causes another round of tears between us. An extra pair of slender arms wrap around both of us and I straight away know it is Lacy. "Lace are you sure about this?" Misty asks her sister. "Very sure Mis. The car is going to waste sitting out there. You deserve it. Happy birthday again" Lacy responds. Misty throws her arms around Lacy and I back away from their moment.

I stand up and Jason pulls me into his chest. He places a kiss on my head. No words are spoken but that kiss is all I needed to know he was there and we were doing the right thing. Misty asks for help up off the floor and Jason gives her a hand. We all walk out to the garage together. Jason had been working on the car, making sure that it is in good working order and wrapped in a big blue bow.

We had purchased a baby car seat for her that is already installed in the car and in the trunk are all the other presents we got her. There wasn't too much as I know Misty isn't about the material things in life. She would just be happy with a dinner at home with a cake and only inviting her nearest and dearest.

The night goes on without any issues. We had decided that tonight was more than a dinner and cake at home. The girls and I all got dressed up for dinner. Jason and Tyson had gone out for a couple of hours last weekend to get a suit for Tyson. He doesn't go home to his parents at all. He has moved in with us full time.

Once we were dressed we all made our way down to the lounge room where the boys were waiting for us. I had told Lacy she was able to bring her friends tonight but she decided against it. Told me that tonight was about Misty and family. Lacy has become the most amazing young lady. A massive turn around from the little brat a year ago.

Jason hired a limo for the evening. "Why not go in style" he said to us. We all pile into the limo making sure Misty was the last one in. She needed as much breathing space. Her belly has only gotten bigger and she still has a good 2 months to go. I know she is feeling uncomfortable. Braxton hicks have already started.

We arrive at some fancy schmancy restaurant in the city. Chelsea and Wayne organised this as Misty's present. Again my child isn't materialistic, so this restaurant came as a complete shock. Her eyes filled with tears when she stepped out of the limo. Chelsea was there waiting for her with open arms. "Happy birthday beautiful girl" Chelsea said softly into Misty's ear.

**

The night went off without a hitch. Misty cried a few more times. Especially when Chelsea handed her the presents she got her. "So this is a maternity photo shoot. It is booked in for not this weekend but next. All expenses paid. This certificate you can use once bubs is born. You get the beauty works. You deserve it beautiful" Chelsea says. Misty was an absolute mess after that.

We called it a night not long after dessert. Misty's eyes were hanging out of her head and Lacy was no better. My girls needed bed and that is where they are heading as soon as we get home. Once again we piled into the limo and made our journey home. I lean my head on Jason's shoulder. He rubs my arm up and down softly.

This right here is what we needed. I do feel horrible that Alex is missing out on all these milestones for our girls, but I am so ever thankful that Jason was dropped in my lap when I needed him the most.

**

Jason POV

Misty's birthday went off without a hitch. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed their time last night. In the limo on the way back to Laura's, I was deep inside my head. This is what I have always craved. I just never realised it until now.

My phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out and see a message from someone I never wanted to hear from ever again

Natasha- Jase, please can we talk about us. I miss you. I miss everything about you. Please don't shut me out. What we had was good and we can get back to that. Just call me xxxx

I groan which makes Laura's head shoot up. "Babe what's wrong?" she asks me. I hand her my phone to show her the message. Laura snorts. I pinch the bridge of my nose. I can feel a headache already starting. I don't know what Laura is doing but the next thing I hear is her voice

"Jason, you called me. Thank you. Please lets talk about us" Natasha says. "Guess again sweetheart. This isn't Jason. This is his girlfriend. All I am going to say is stop messaging him and calling him. If he was interested in going back to you, he would have the first day you messaged him. He has moved on. No need to dredge up the past. Plus he can't trust you. You did fuck around behind his back. So lose his number, he moved on to bigger and better" Laura says and hangs up the phone.

My pants feel tighter than they did before. Misty, Tyson and Lacy are all looking towards Laura with shock written on their faces. All I know is as soon as we are back at the house, I will be dragging my woman to her bedroom and showing her how appreciative I truly am of her.

Pulling up to the curb out the front of her house. My phone buzzes in my pocket again. I pull it out to see another message from Natasha

Natasha- Jason, tell your little whore the next time she tries to stand in the way of what's mine I will not back down. I will take her down and whoever she has special in her life.

Instead of ignoring her I reply back to her

Natasha, you have just threatened my girlfriend. I will say this once and once only. You message me again and threaten the LOVE OF MY LIFE I will go to the police. I will have you charged for stalking and threatening to harm others. Don't think I don't know, you hang around my place of work. You are on the cameras there. Stay the fuck away from me.

That woman has set my blood on fire. I am so pissed that she is trying to ruin everything I have built. We split up over 10 years ago. Why does she think I would want her back now?

I keep true to my word though. I walk into the house, grab Laura by her hand, yell out a quick good night to the kids, drag Laura to her room and ravish her body for the rest of the night.