ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟡

Few weeks later:

"Breaking News! A mysterious fire occurred in the asylum last night taking many lives away. However, the police and firemen managed to save the rest and they're currently safe and under medical treatment. The management is still at shock and wondering how the fire occurred even though a strong fire system was in place. The investigation is still going, and we're yet to receive answers."

~~~~~~

"Did you finish identifying the dead bodies?" the asylum manager asked with sweat running down his forehead.

"Yea-Yeah! I have the list here" The worker said as he grabbed the paper sheet tightly around his fingers.

"So, we have Kim Seon and –"

"I don't care about them" the manager grabbed the sheet roughly from the worker's hand.

"I only care about one person" he started scanning the paper quickly looking for that one name.

He knew very well that if his name were not on the list, it would mean that he escaped. Nobody found him after the fire, which meant he was either dead, or alive and out there.

A big sign of relief was noticed from the manager's face. He was finally able to breathe deeply and exhale calmly.

"He's ... dead" he snickered.

The worker was dumbfounded and couldn't process the manager's reaction to a patient's death.

The manager looked at the worker with a big grin, showing his perfect teeth and said it again "He's dead!"

"Who's dead?" the worker managed to ask.

"Park Jimin... Park Jimin is dead."

"What" shock took over the worker. He knew that name. Just hearing it made shivers run down his spine. The name still terrorized people whenever it was mentioned.

The most crucial killer known in South Korea was finally dead and resting in peace.

Was this really the end of Park Jimin's story?

Y/N's POV:

"No... No, it can't be true" I said with dry tears. This asylum representative couldn't be telling the truth, right? Was Jimin really dead?

"I'm sorry Mam, but he's dead. It was confirmed about three days ago."

I just nodded my head and shut the front door hard on his face.

I leaned back against the door and slowly slid down while holding my mouth.

I wanted to scream and shout in pain and grief.

I waited until I heard the worker's footsteps walking away.

Then I couldn't hold it anymore, and I screamed at the top of my lungs and cried out hard.

"Jimin" I screamed louder and cried harder.

"Why! God why!"

I couldn't stop myself.

I knew I shouldn't have feelings for him, but how could I force my heart to stop loving the only person who truly mattered to me?

How could I ignore the times we spent together?

How could I forget his cute behavior around me?

How could I ... forget his smile?

I couldn't, and I'd do anything just to see him one last time and say a proper goodbye.