Chapter 3 - Getting to Seattle

Andrea's P. O. V

—The next afternoon—

I waited with Dina until Ellie's done with saying goodbye to Joel at his grave. I looked to a few graves next to his and saw that he's between people that are considered "Heroes of Jackson." I read the other two names but didn't recognized them. Liam Harrington and Kevin Leroy. They must've did really good things to be considered a heroes in this world. And now Joel joined them. -"And how about you? How are you handeling it?" Dina asked me all over a sudden. I looked at her with sad eyes. -"Same as her I guess. I mean how well can you take the death of your father?" I told her and our eyes drifted back to Ellie. -"Yeah. Of course. Stupid guestion, sorry." She apologized. Ellie walked to us and grabbed Dina's hand. I tried to not look. -"Ready?" Dina asked her. -"Yes. I just need to pick something at Joel's." She said and Dina nodded. We got walking outside the cemetary and Dina filled us out on some words traveling through Jackson. -"Maria put the stables on lockdown. Looks like Tommy took one horse." -"Fucking Tommy." Ellie replied. -"Well. Looks like we're going on foot." I said. -"Maybe we can figure something on the way. Car or horse or something." Dina said. -"You two can still change your mind. I just don't want you to feel like you have to." Ellie said and Dina suddenly stopped her. She put her hand on her cheek. -"Ellie, where you go I go. End of story." -"She stole my line." I added. And so we went to Joel's old house, my house........I'm never going to get used to that.

When we arrived at the door Ellie stopped her hand at the handle, she was shaking a little. -"Are you o-" Dina interupted me. -"Hey, what do you need? I can go get it." She offered. -"It's fine. I wanna do this." She replied. -"Okay." Dina stepped aside and we waited until Ellie opened the door and followed her. -"I'm gonna wait downstairs." Dina said. -"Thanks, it'll just be a second." Ellie said and we went upstairs. Ellie went for something to the bedroom but I imidietly went to the our workshop. It was just an empty room we use as workshop. I looked around it and saw a lot of Joel's work. And some of mine too. Then I saw my unfinished guitar. Shit. We never finished it together. Now we never will. He said he'll help me with the cover. It was suppose to be Ellie's birthday gift. -"Hey. I got what I came for. We can go." Ellie came in the room and I quickly brushed away my tears before turning around. -"Yeah, okay." I replied. -"Ellie! Andrea! Can you come down here?" Dina yelled at us from down stairs. -"Right on cue." I said. -"Is everything okay?" Ellie yelled back. -"Just.....come here." She sounded weird. We better go see what's up. So we both slowly made ourway downstairs.

Maria waited there for us. Dina was sitting on a chair by a table and Maria was walking back and forth, holding a piece of paper. When we arrived downstairs I opened my mouth to say something but Maria imidietly started reading a note in her hands. -"Maria. I'm headed to Seattle. I wish I could let it go, but I can't. I have to bring these people to justice. Ellie and Andrea are going to try to come after me but stop them. Take their guns. Lock up the horses. Maybe lock them up. Buy me some time so I can end this. Love you always, Tommy." She put her hands on the table and leaned on it. Looking Ellie deadly in the eyes. -"He's gonna get himself killed." Maria said like she's blaming us for his actions. -"He shouldn't have go alone." I said. -"So what? You're gonna lock us up?" Ellie asked her. -"I'd prefer if you stayed-" -"Not gonna happen." Ellie interupted her. -"I'd prefer if you stayed. But I know you better." She said the full sentance. Then she looked at Dina. -"You coming with them?" She asked. -"Yeah." She said not thinking twice about her answer. -"Okay. I'll tell someone to let you out with two of your horses. We can't afford to give three in these times. And grab some ammo too." She walked around the table and headed for the door. I grabbed her by her sleeve. -"Thank you Maria." I said. -"You should go. You're losing light. And bring my idiot of a husband back in one piece." She said -"Of course." I replied and she went to arrange our horses. -"I'll go pick my bag. I hid it near the East gate, figured we might want to slip out that way." I said. -"No. I can go pick it up. I left mine there too. You can go prepare the horses and Ellie can get us guns. And we meet at the stables?" Dina said. -"Okay." I left to the stables.