Chapter 11 - This Is It

Andrea's P. O. V

—Few days later—

A few days has passed since I last talked to Tommy. I've been taking extra assigments to keep myself busy, it keeps me from thinking. Right now I'm on a patrol with some newbie, they wanted me to show him the ropes, he did fine. -"Hey, um. Since we're heading to Jackson already. Can you make it back on your own? I want to visit a friend not too far from here." I said to my new partner. -"Sure. I'll tell them where you at." He nodded. -"Thanks." I replied and rode of to Ellie's. Once I was at the farm I stopped Frost and got off. Weird, by now I could usually hear someone or something inside. I walked inside to the living room and saw Dina sitting at a table. JJ was sleeping in his crib. I looked at Dina and she didn't seem to hear me come in. She sat with her face in her hands, leaning on the table with her elbows. She was sobbing loudly. -"Dina? Dina, what happened?" I asked shocked. Her head shot up from her hands upon hearing my voice. She turned her head to me and stood up, without a single word. What the hell?

She quickly walked to me and pulled me in for a tight hug, and of course I returned it. -"Dina, what is it? You're scaring me. Did something happen to Ellie?" I said worrying. She pulled away and sobbed. -"No.....She's fine.....Well, actually I don't know if she is...." She said brushing off some of her tears. -"What do you mean?" I asked not understanding. -"Andrea......she went to Santa Barbara." Dina replied putting a hand over her mouth. -"What?! Alone?!" I freaked out trying to take in the information. -"You gotta go after her....... Maybe it's not too late." Dina said. -"Of course I'll go after her. But first I have to pay visit to that fucker Tommy." I said angry and headed for the door. Dina cought my hand. -"Hey, if you make it. I'll go back to Jackson. I can't stay here." She said. -"What? Why not?" I asked. She took a deep breath. -"I saw you that night. On the porch with Ellie.......I always saw the thing between you two, I just thought.......Well, I don't know what I thought.....She may like me, but she loves you......So go, and bring her back home." Dina said and I just kept staring at her. -"Dina I-I'm sorry." I replied. -"There's nothing to be sorry about. Just go. And ask Tommy to send somebody to help me move this stuff back to Jackson please." She said. I nodded. -"I will." Dina gave me one last hug. -"Save her." She said before she pulled away. -"I will." I replied and swiftly got on Frost and rode to Jackson. I need to get to Santa Barbara faster than Ellie. Tommy has to know how, and intend to getting it out of him.

I stopped in the stables and jumped off. I was furious. I headed towards Tommy's home and practicaly kicked the door open. -"Tommy!" I yelled once I was inside. I didn't wait for an answer and headed to his living room. I found him on a couch talking with some man. He was younger than Tommy but definitely older than me. -"Andrea. There are other ways to come into a house then-" I didn't let him finish as I walked straight up to him and grabbed the collar of his shirt with both of my hands. -"Shut your fucking mouth or I'm gonna break it!" I yelled right in his face. -"Woah miss, calm down!" The man next to him said. -"You stay out of it!" I turned my head to the man and imidietly back to Tommy. -"And you. Tell me how to get there." I said to him. -"Get where?" He asked. -"To Santa Barbara motherfucker! Ellie went there alone! Because of you! She's going to get herself killed!" I screamed at him. His expresion changed to guilty. -"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" He tried apologizing but I didn't let him. -"Well you fucking did! But now you have a chance to fix it. Tell me how do I get there." I said. -"I can help you." The man next to him spoke. I finally let go of Tommy and looked at the man. -"How?" I asked while trying to calm down. -"The truck near the South gate you saw it?" He asked and I nodded. -"Well that's mine. I'm from Bakersfield, it's only a day or two of walk away from Santa Barbara." He added. -"Good. Can you take me?" I asked. -"Yeah." -"Good. How long will the journey take?" I replied with a guestion again. -"Two days. We're leaving tommorow morning." He replied. -"No. We're leaving now. Pack your things and let's go." I said. The man looked at Tommy. Tommy nodded at him. -"Please." I added. -"Okay." The man agreed and got up from the couch.