Chapter 8 - Hope

The song I put in the media has nothing to do with this chapter, but it's really beautiful and I just put it here so you could listen to it too. It just takes a few minutes of your time. I'm not forcing you! Also there are spoilers but I suppose you wouldn't be reading this if you didn't know the story.

-By Cotudelam

Andrea's P. O. V

--2 years earlier--

I'm walking back and forth in Ellie's living room. I speeded there as soon as I woke up and found a note on my night stand. "Andrea. After last night in the church tower I finally felt happy. But when we came back to Jackson I overheard your argument with Joel. I know you two are not telling me something and how you two are always arguing is not helping me keep my thoughts off it. I love you, I told you many times before, so did you. So how bad can the thing be that you're keeping it from me? I'm going back to that hospital, to Salt Lake city. Because if you won't tell me I'll just find out on my own....... I love you.

Ellie."

I'm reading the note over and over again. What if she finds out about what Joel and I did? I knew I should tell her right away. Even when Joel told me not to, she deserved to know the truth from the beginning. But I was too afraid of hurting her.....Now look what I've done. I was becoming more nervous by every second. Finally I heard the door open. My eyes shot up to see who had entered. And imidetly they met Ellie's eyes. They were all red from crying, but her face had more then saddness in it, also anger. -"Ellie-" I started but she didn't let me talk. -"Don't!" She clenched her hand into a fist. -"Why didn't you tell me?" She proceeded between her teeth. I stayed silent, I just didn't know what to say. -"Why?!" She yelled at me. -"Because I love you!" I replied in the same tone. -"Bullshit! If you really loved me you would tell me!" She continued and walked closer to me. -"I wanted to, okay?! But Joel told me that-! Ughr, fuck-." Tears started rolling down from my eyes uncontrolably, I placed my hands at the back of my head and looked down at the floor. Ellie came even closer to me, she was standing right infront of me now. -"But Joel told you not to." She addded calmly this time. -"Yes." I said and looked her in the eyes defeated. -"Ellie if I told you I would lose both of you...." I tried putting my hand into hers but she pulled away. -"Andrea, I don't think I can love a person that lied to me like this." She said and stepped away from me. -"No...." I said almost unhearingly. -"Please Ellie, don't leave me..." I pleaded with her. -"Andrea.....Joel told me everything, and about your part in all of that....And that you wanted to tell me from the beginning." She looked at me with an expresion I couldn't read. -"I can't love you after that. But we can still be friends..." I looked at her with relief in my face. -"Yes I'd be....I'd be really grateful for that." I gave her a fake smile. But I don't think I can just stop loving her.

--Present--

I woke up from my dream about that day. Well, it was mostly nightmare for me. But then I realized that Ellie is sleeping with her face burried in my chest and both of my arms are wrapped around her body. Old habits die hard I guess. It feels good to hold her like this again. And after last night, it's just what I needed. I carefully slipped out of the bed. Once I got out Ellie shivered a bit so I put my jacket on her. It's not much but it'll have to do. I took a minute to admire her beauty before I walked out the door. She's so strong.... I grabbed door's handle and walked out of the room. -"Guys?" I called out quietly. No answer. When I walked through the backstage I heard a neigh. I turned my head in it's direction and saw Frost standing at some barell with water. And all around him was a grass that started growing from the floor. I didn't notide him yesterday. -"Hey, boy!" I walked to him and pet his nose. -"I'll have to thanks Hannah for thim. And apologize for how I acted when I arrived, huh?" I asked him. He continued looking at me. -"Yeah, thanks buddy. Catch up with you later." I said goodbye to my horse and continued to the teathre. Once I was on the stage I called out again, louder this time. -"Guys! Where you at?" But again I heard no answer. On my way I glanced at the guitar Ellie was playing earlier. I promised Joel that I'll let him teach me too......later. Now I regret it.