Chapter 12 - Epilog

Andrea's P. O. V

—About a year earlier. Few months after they came back from Seattle—

After Seattle we were all kinda fucked up. And we needed a few months to even start living like before......It'll never be like before but we're trying. Tonight Dina, Ellie, Hannah and me decided it would be great to spend evening together, like the old times. I stole a bottle from Tommy and we are planning on drinking that.....Hope it's gonna be fun. It always has been before. Right now we're at my house, in the living room......There's still a lot of Joel's old stuff, but I like it that way. Dina is sitting on a couch, drinking only water becouse of her condition. Ellie is sitting next to Dina with her arm around her. I'm sitting on the floor near a small table and pouring myself another drink. Hannah is sitting in a hair with a glass of wine, she was always the cultivated one. Outside it's orange, yellow and brown for a while now. Soon there'll be winter again. The nights are already cold but we don't mind, as long as the alcohol keeps us warm.

-"Oh! No fucking way. That's not how I remember it." Dina laughed and took a sip from her glass of water. -"Yup. She's right. I saw you dance with Jacob." Ellie sided with me and got down another shot of whiskey. -"Damn. Well that time is months away now." Dina chuckled and put a hand on her belly. It's really big. Hannah said her due is any day now. -"Miss the drinking?" Hannah nodded a glass of wine to Dina. -"Oh, God yes! But I think not being able to party is worse." Dina replied with a chuckle. -"Yeah, I can agree those parties are not what they used to be, without you." I said and joined Ellie by drinking another shot of liquor. Me and Ellie have been drinking even before everyone arrived so we're already a little......Who am I kidding. We're drunk as fuck. -"Actually I've been meaning to ask. How's the farm you two have been fixing up?" Hannah asked targetting the question at me and Ellie. -"Um, Yeah it's, it's fine." Ellie said. -"Just a couple more details and it'll be ready." I added. -"That's good. I can't wait to move there. It looks beautiful." Dina said. Dina then reached forward for the small table to set down her glass. -"Ughr." She put her hand at her belly and it was clear she doesn't feel great. Ellie imidietly shot up and took the glass from her hands to set it on the table. -"What is it babe?" She asked worried. -"Nothing. I think it just kicke- Ughr!" She once more felt it. In this moment all of us started paying more attention. -"Dina. Let's go get you some fresh air." Hannah said and put down her wine. Ellie helped Dina stand up. Then I saw a wet spot at where Dina was sitting. -"Dina, um. I think your water broke." I said and pointed at it. Hannah imidietly ran to us and had a look at it. -"Shit. She's right. I'm going to get the stuff to the clinic. And you two help Dina get there." She said and held the door for us. Dina was leaning on Ellie.

-"Wait! What about Mr and Mrs Harris?" I asked when we walked out of the door. -"Yeah, you're right. Can you go get them?" Ellie asked. -"What? No! You're drunk I don't approve of you running around Jackson at night." Hannah said but Dina got another contraction. -"Aaah!" She cried out into the night. -"There's no time. I'll go tell then to get to clinic fast." I said and ran off into the dark streets. Luckily I know the way to Jesse's house quite well. I tripped a few times before I arrived there so my grey T-shirt was even more dirty than before. I started knocking on the door viciously. -"Mrs and Mr Harris! Open up please!" I knocked until I heard some noise from the other side. Mrs Harris opened the door. I must've woken her up. -"Andrea. What the hell are you doing here? Do you even know what time it is?" She whispered. -"I know and..... I'm sorry but....." I was breathing heavily from the run. -"What is it?" She asked me worried. -"It's...It's here.....The baby's coming." I said and her eyes widened. -"Dina, Ellie and Hannah are already at the clinic. Hurry up." I said and turned around to run back to the clinic. -"We'll be there!" She yelled at me but I was already on my way.