Chapter 10 - A Normal Life?

Ellie's P. O. V
—1 year later, somewhere near Jackson—

I was looking at Joel's watch again when I was brought to reality by JJ. We actually chose that name right when he was born. In the memory of his father, Jesse and the other is for Joel. I walked to his crib and he was already streching his hands for me to carry him. -"Okay little guy. Let's go see what mama's doing, huh?" I told him in a sweet voice. Well, like I usually talk to him. You can't do different with that cute fluffy cheeks like his. I walked down the stairs and searched with my eyes for Dina. She was not in the living room. -"Dina?!" I called for her. -"I'm in the kitchen!" She replied. I walked to her and she was doing the dishes. -"Hey, I said I'll do it." I said to her sweetly agressive. -"Nah, I was cleaning the kitchen anyway so...." She said in her deffense. -"But you can be a dear and put on some music." She added. -"On it." I walked to our gramophone. I put in Crooked Still. Yup. Still our favourite. I imidietly recognized the song that came up as Ain't No Grave. -"Oh, fuck yeah! I love this song!" Dina cheered from the kitchen. Just like Andrea. -"Your mom is very easy to please." I said to JJ. -"Shut up." Dina chuckled.

I walked to her and hugged her from behind while she was swaying to the music. -"Hmm look at those moves." I backed away to give her some space. -"These moves?" She turned around from the dishes and started dancing a little funny. I pulled her in for a hug and we danced together. Then I started kissing her neck. After that she buried her face in my neck. -"Nice band, huh?" I said. -"Nice memories." She smiled into my neck.

-"Am I interupting?" We both jumped as we heard Andrea's voice. I turned around and saw her standing in the living room.

 I turned around and saw her standing in the living room

-It's a year later so her hair is longer.

-"Hey Andrea." I walked to her and gave her a warm welcome in a form of a hug. -"How are you? How are things in Jackson?" Dina asked as she came back to the dishes. -"Uh, yeah. Jackson's good. I don't wanna brag but I think since they gave me the patrol trainer, our patrols report less losses." Andrea replied with a kinda funny voice. -"Okay." Dina chuckled. -"But how are you?" I asked her because I noticed she didn't answer that question. -"Um, I'm great. Yeah. Kinda bored without you there, but patrols help." She said. She's lying. Why is she lying?

-"Okay you two. I'm going to hang the clothes outside." Dina said drying her hands into a towel in the kitchen. -"No, let me do it. Since your back still hurts." Andrea said, walked to Dina and grabbed the basket with clothes. -"Andrea, we talked about this already. You're a guest here. You don't have to work." Dina followed Andrea to the backyard. She always does this. It's nice of her. She's helping us even though she doesn't live her. Although she visits a lot. I followed those two to the backyard with a smile on my face. Andrea was already hanging the first shirt. -"Hey, come on I'm serious." Dina tried to stop Andrea from taking another piece of clothes. -"Nope. You go rest." Andrea chuckled at her removed Dina's hands from the basket. -"Okay. Well I'm going to get the sheeps to the barn then." Dina opened the small fence gate leading into the paddocks. -"She's right babe. You rest. I'll handle the sheeps." I said and walked to her. She gave me an annoyed smile. Then she looked at Andrea and back at me. -"You two are pampering me." She chuckled. -"Okay give me that little fella." Dina said and motioned for me to give her JJ. -"No, I got it." I said keeping him in my arms. -"Really?" She asked confused. -"Yeah. I'm a sheep master." I said as Dina put some piece of cloth we have for JJ on me. So I wouldn't have to hold him. He would just si it there and it was around my neck. -"A sheep master and a brick master? Damn you have many tituls." Andrea chuckled. -"Yup." I replied and jogged to the paddocks.