3) Helicarrier

Director Nick Fury stood on the deck of the Helicarrier studying a map intently. There had been some recent explosions caused by an unknown force that hadn't been pretty. Fury, being the paranoid guy he is, marked every single spot, trying to find a connection, clues, anything. However, he had no such luck. The most recent attacks had been on the Harbor, near the Empire State building. But the most common spot for the attacks was Times Square. He had sent agents to investigate and find the root of the problem, but they never came back. And to be honest he was done with this, with all of it. All he wanted was find the source, blow it up, and go on his holiday. But life was never that easy for the heroes was it?

  "Director Fury." Natasha Romanoff announced as she entered the room. Nat, as always, came prepared for duty. In her pockets she carried three different types of guns, all loaded to the brim with different kinds of ammunition and all 100% lethal. If all that failed she also carried around daggers, which were so well hidden even she had trouble remembering where they were.

  "Yes Agent Romanoff. I want you to gather the Avengers." He said. Natasha remained emotionless.

  "The Avengers? Sir?" She questioned. The Avengers, a group of unstable men with superpowers, how perfect.

  "No Natasha the group of hobos down the street. Yes the Avengers." He grumbled as he picked up his mug from the counter. Neither of them noticed the thin layer of ice encrusting the rim of his mug.

  "Right away director." She nodded and began making her way out the door when Fury stopped her.

  "Agent." Fury said, "Did you get the file?"

  Her eyebrows creased and she nodded.

  "Yes sir. Are you certain about them? I mean they're just kids."

  "Do not question me Agent."

  "Yes sir."

  "I want you to go to the lab. Fitzsimmons will be awaiting with the package."

  "Yes sir." She answered hesitantly.

  "And Romanoff?" She looked up, "Use it carefully, they are just kids."

  With a nod she exited the room and Fury looked back at the map before changing files. Setting the mug down, he pulled a file labeled 'Classified 7' and opened it. Inside lay seven files each for a different cause, a different child. Something unusual was going on, and he was certain that these seven kids were involved somehow.