𝐒𝐮𝗺𝗺𝐚𝐫𝐲

On June 3, 1992. A beautiful baby girl was born. Coincidentally the same month as Elena Gilbert. The Parents named her Athena Dove Fontaine. After the Goddess of Wisdom. She was already adored by her family and vowed to protect her with their lives. Even if it meant giving her away.

They gave her to a friend of a friend. Grayson Gilbert. They made him swear that she would be protected and away from any harm. If you know what I'm talking about. The family gave him a letter to give her on her eighteenth birthday telling her everything about their family and why they had to give her up. The twins were sad they wouldn't get to see their sister grow up and even more sad when their parents sent them back to a certain family.

Grayson Gilbert and Miranda Gilbert raised her as their own. They were honest with her about being adopted. When she was 13 they told her. Athena was sad that she was lied to 13 years of her life but also grateful that they told her. She wanted to know more about her real family and they promised to tell her on her eighteenth birthday. So she had patience on the topic and went on with her life.

When Elena found out about Athena being adopted she grew mad, not at her parents at her supposed sister. She grew distant with her to the point where she wouldn't even acknowledge her. Elena didn't understand why they kept her around if she wasn't blood. Jeremy on the other hand didn't mind that she was adopted when he found out, in fact they grew closer. Athena would always be Jeremys sister.

Athena was the most kind hearted girls you would ever meet. She always saw the good in people even if the person didn't believe they had any good in them. No one is truly heartless. She became the sunshine to everyone's rainy day and could bring up anyone's mood with her famous smile. Everyone liked her. Everyone except Elena.

She despised the adopted girl for getting all the attention, even her brother liked Athena more then Elena. She thought it was stupid to like Athena more that herself. I mean what's not to like? So when she found out about the supernatural she claimed she was just trying to protect her by her not knowing but the reason was that Elena knew something that she didn't and wanted to keep it that way.

When Athena turned 17 she started getting dreams of this family. It looked like twins, and other people. Four brothers and one sister. These dreams confused her, even scared her, but what mostly scared her were these individual dreams.

One dream of one of the brothers in the family. She thought he was gorgeous she even drew him a couple times in case it was ever erased from her mind. And the other dreams of this colored mist, the mist seemed like its itching to get out, to be free.

She didn't understand. She tried to confide in her sister but she just snapped at her so she just told Caroline, her best friend, she told her everything from the family to the mist. Caroline gave her good advice and offered to help in any way she could. She didn't think Athena was crazy. Caroline actually cataloged her dreams so she can never forget. She's so Caroline

What Elena didn't know that instead of keeping Athena out of the supernatural she should've put her in.

This is Athena's story. Not the doppelgängers, Not the Salvatore's. Athena's. And her dashingly gorgeous soulmate as he likes to put it.

This is where they found a Partner

a/n: this is my first fanfic so beware there might be mistakes here and there I already know, I'm not an experienced writer so bear with me. I had this idea in my head and thought i should put it on this app. Thank you for reading, love you.

xoxo gossip girl ;)