Chapter 2: Stranger

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

"LET ME GO!" Kila yelled as she got thrown into a dank cell in the bottom of a ship.  She had never used her legs before and they were as good as useless to her now.  Her head was still fuzzy, and unconsciousness still hung over her heavily.  Using the strength she had left Kila crawled to the darkest corner of the cell, and curled up in a ball: a shiver of coldness washing over her whole body.

"Enjoy yer stay!" Snarled a dirty pirate with one eye, making the other 2 men cackle as they hobbled away.  Kila hissed and bared her fangs in anger, for the men who captured her were a disgrace.  She was cold, she was alone, and she had a wound from the harpoon they used to subdue her that wouldn't stop bleeding.

She hissed as she reached for some old straw that was scattered on the floor, bunching it up she shoved it into the gapping hole in her torso.  Kila screamed in pain and stumbled back into her corner, her breathing becoming heavy and laboured.  She couldn't die, not like this.

"Capem, we caught er an threw er in tha brig" Pipped a small pirate deviously.  Kila cowered in the dark damp corner as she heard the men coming back toward the cell. Perhaps the captain would be more reasonable, tend to her wound, or even let her go.

4 figures appeared on the other side of the bars. "Aye, move aside let me see th' monster" croaked a familiar voice.  Kila's head perked up and thats when their gazes met.  It was the man from the lagoon, that helped her escape.  Kila made an attempt to crawl towards the bars, reaching through she gripped onto his hand.

"help me" she whispered. A spark of sorrow flashed through the captains eyes, but he quickly masked it as he ripped his hand away and spit in disgust.

"Aye that be a good catch boys!" He roared and violently patted the backs of his ugly henchmen, as they all stumbled away. Kila hissed in disgust and collapsed with her pain. Why would he treat her so cruelly, especially after being so kind when they were alone?

—//—

The day faded away and Kila soon heard the snorting and grunting of sleeping pirates.  She had tried her best to subdue the bleeding but her methods seemed to be unhelpful.  Her head was pounding and her vision had become blurry, her toes and fingers had become blue with the chill and had almost no feeling in them. 

She heard the crack of iron bars and the thud of a lock hitting the damp floorboards, but hadn't the energy to lift her eyelids to see what was happening.  Suddenly she felt a warm hand encompass her arm, and material wrap around her shivering body.  She cracked open her eye to see the man, the man from the lagoon.

"I won' hurt ye, I swear" he whispered as she felt his strong arms wrap around her petite body, hoisting her up into his embrace. Kila let out a grunt as the man touched her wound
"Yer hurt." 

She had no strength left to fight him, and if she didn't get her wound fixed she'd die.  Deciding to accept the man's kindness, she let out a sigh and relaxed into his strong embrace. His body was warm and it felt nice against her cool skin.  She looked up at him and suddenly everything went black.