Chapter 5: Starvation

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

Kila laid in Hectors bed and watched the day fade away to night. Ever since the heated episode that happened earlier, Hector hadn't been back.

Kila was confused and saddened by his actions. She was quite intrigued by him and wanted to convey her intrigue, but he didn't let her. Her head was much clearer now and it appeared that her wound was beginning to heal over however, she was growing hungry. She hadn't eaten in a couple of days and it was starting to wane on her. Kila hoped that Hector would be back soon, she wanted him, needed him, even missed him.

Human emotions were bizarre to Kila, but she was starting to catch onto little things. She had never kissed anyone before Hector, and she felt this urge to do it again. Her stomach rumbled loudly she needed food and soon but, she needed first to learn how to walk.

Suddenly she heard someone board the ship, and 2 voices grumbling at a low volume. Hectors door creaked open and in he popped his head. Kila's eyes lit up and she smiled at him; a smile shortly lived as she saw another man step into the cabin. She bared her fangs and let out a hiss resulting in Hector putting up his hands in defence.

"Aye lass, he be a noble man. Th' doctor I told ye about, he'll help heal yer wound" Hector said calmly.  Kila withdrew her fangs and relaxed back into the bed as Hector and the strange man shared a look that Kila couldn't read.

Hector approached Kila and sat beside her on the bed, by instinct she shuffled closer to him.
"Can ye lay on yer side, so he can take a look?" He asked calmly as he stared Kila in the the eyes.  She nodded compliantly and laid on her side, slowly lifting up the cotton t-shirt to reveal it.

"Hector, it looks quite alright.  She seems to be healing quickly" The doctor said, disbelief and fascination laced within his words. "She is utterly fascinating, perhaps I could bring her into my establishment and stu-"

"Now she aint no test subject Cornelius" Hector interjected angrily.  "Ye've done yer job an' as long as ye think she'll be okay, yer free ta go!" he finished pointing to the door.  The doctor lowered his head in embarrassment and quickly made his leave from Hectors cabin.  Hector looked over to Kila and sighed

"I'll just see him off, be righ' back" he said, and Kila nodded.

—//—

"Im sorry about him, I hope he didn't make ye feel like a....creature...rather than a lady" Hector said as he sat back down on the edge of the bed. 

Kila was quite confused, she still didn't understand why Hector got so upset over what the doctor had began to say.  She had quite a ways to go in regard to understanding human emotions; however she couldn't shake her hunger.

Kila reached for Hectors hand and slightly tugged on it.  "Hungry" she said as she rubbed her stomach.  Hector grinned and rolled his eyes, Kila was surely unaware of anything human just yet.

"What do ye even eat?" Hector asked quite con-fuddled.  Kila frowned and looked away from Hector.

"Men..." She answered plainly, watching as Hector shifted uncomfortably.  "But fish will do!" She said with a smile.  Hector chuckled a little, for perhaps she was catching on to some human aspects.

"Fish aye, I can arrange that"