Chapter 16: Sanative

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

"Push precious, one final push and you'll be there!" The midwife chanted as she sat between Kila's legs, holding in her hand the crowning head of a newborn.

Kila let out a treacherous concluding roar, causing a rather distraught Hector too burst into the room. A midwife rushed to the door in attempt to shoo him out, but when he saw the state his wife was in he refused to leave. The onyx beauty opened her heavy eyes and spotted Hector, causing her to lift her arm extending her hand to him.

"Hector-" she sighed weakly. The man rushed past the fussy midwife and sat down behind Kila, gripping onto her hand with strength. She leaned against Hector and looked up at him with tired eyes, he grinned and pressed a kiss too her moistened brow. He then mouthed the words "I love you" followed by a smile.

"Pant for me, pant" The midwife said, and with a few pants and one more loud shriek the baby was born. A sigh of relief was heard around the room as the young soul took its first breath, allowing a crackly cry to follow.

Kila smiled widely as she looked up at Hector, tears of joy filling her eyes.
"We did it-" She whispered squeezing his hand tightly. Hector chuckled as he hugged his wife tightly, feeling a joy he had never known before, and never believed he would know.

The midwife swaddled the baby and started to clean him up, in preparation for the new parents to feast their eyes upon his cherubic face for the first time. Hector kissed and kissed Kila, whispering in her ear how much he loved her and how proud of her he was.

"sister, her pulse is 120-" one of the midwives whispered hastily, catching the other's attention. "A-and brisk blood shed" she finished.

The midwife left the newborn baby in urgency, rushing over to Kila's side. She took a peak under the bed sheets and Hector witnessed as her face paled.

"What be happening? My wife, is she okay?" Hector panicked, looking down to see Kila's eyelids fluttering.

"You sir, need to make yourself scarce. We need her lying flat on the bed" Hector hesitated before moving.

"NOW!" the midwife barked. Hector was once again ushered out into the hallway, the door slammed in his face. All he wanted was to be there for Kila, he couldn't lose her; not now, not ever. In frustration her threw a punch into the wall, cracking the foundation. He couldn't lose the one thing he loved above all else.

"w-what's happ-ppening? Kila stuttered.

The midwives smiled at her convincingly as they were busy at work, "you are losing a bit of blood Ms. Barbossa-but fear not-you are in good hands" the older midwife answered.

"Just keep your eyes open for us precious, keep your eyes open!" The younger woman chimed, keeping her fingertip pressed to Kila's artery.

"her pulse is improving-she's going to make it"

Kila opened her eyes fully and dropped her head to the side, giving her a view of her baby. She could see its little hands waving about in the air, waiting for its mummy to grip onto them.

"boy or girl?" she whispered.

Both midwives looked at each other and smiled before the younger one stood and went to retrieve Hector. The older midwife went back over to the cot to coddle grab the baby, bringing it over to Kila. The dark haired girl sat up against the head board in anticipation, more than ready to hold her baby.

"say hello, to your new baby boy" The midwife said before laying the baby in Kila's arms. The brunette looked down at the baby's face and her eyes started to well with tears, he was so beautiful and she could hardly believe he was real.

"My little honey.." Kila whispered soothingly "I love you so much" her voice making the young lad crack open his eyes.

"Well hello!" she said before smiling widely.

"Are we ready for visitors?" the young midwife said before opening the door.

Kila looked up to the doorway excitedly, anxious to see Hector. Hector rushed in, though as he laid eyes upon Kila with their baby in her arms he was stopped dead in his tracks. The young brunette smiled through her tears, and watched as her tough as nails captain broke down in front of her. His ocean blue eyes went red with tears of joy, and a smile so large had never graced his face.

He took slow steps toward the bed, before dropping down on his knees on the bed side. He stared into Kila's eyes with love and then gripped onto her hand, before laying his eyes upon their child.

"boy or girl?" he whispered.

"its a boy" Kila said with a smile.

Hector let out a chuckle with his tears before rising to his feet to press a kiss to Kila's lips. He held his arms out, wanting to admire their newest addition. Kila slowly lowered the baby into Hectors embrace and watched proudly as he rocked the baby while walking around the room.

"I have so much ta teach ya lil lad...ye jus' wait till yer older" he whispered staring down at the little guy.

"What shall we call him?" Kila asked softly.

"What about Theo?" Hector asked. Kila smiled and let the name roll around her thoughts for awhile, ultimately deciding she fancied the name.

"Theo Barbossa..." She replied