Chapter 4 - Mission Failed but Sweet

After meditating, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wanji prepare for bed. While preparing himself, Wei Wuxian gathers the courage to talk to his husband.

“Lan Zhan...I love you.”

“.......”

“Lan Zhan, can we talk...”

“Mn.”

“Lan Zhan...don't you remember, you love to embrace me at night...”

“I remember. But I don't love you anymore.”

Ouch. Haha. That hurts.

“Lan Zhan..but you know I am your husband...”

“Yes, my brother told me...but I don't love you...”

Though Wei Ying knows that Lan Zhan is a victim and suffering from the unlove potion effect, he is still hurt by hearing those words from his husband.

What if his Lan Zhan fell in love with someone else? Suddenly, Wei Ying feels worried and takes a deep breath.

This is it. I must do something and do my best to win back my husband's love and desire for me.

Wei Ying hop on the bed was about to execute his plan but he was deadpanned when he saw Lan Zhan is holding an extra bolster pillow and comforter preparing the other side of the huge bed into two.

“Lan Zhan...it's okay. We can still share the comforter and pillow even you don't love me..” Wei Ying stops his husband.

Wei Ying remembers when he throws the extra pillow on the window when he wants to share a bed with him. He just wants to get closer and wanted to feel the warm embrace of his husband.

Lan Zhan didn't listen and continue to arrange the bed. Wei Ying just watches him until he finishes. Lan Zhan removes his clothes and changes it to a sleeping robe. Wei Ying smiles and quickly back hugs his husband half-naked body.

Ah, he misses his Lan Zhan. He misses the sweet caress and kisses they used to share just two days ago before this happened to his husband.

Two days is like two years already. Weiying starts to plant little kisses on his husband's back but Lan Zhan unclung his arm and continues to wear his sleeping robe. Wei Ying pouted and just heaves a sigh.

Wei Ying goes back to the bed and slam his body and pulls his duvet up to his chest and closes his eyes. He didn't notice that tears start to gush out from his eyes. He secretly wiped the tear when he feels the bed humped when Lan Zhan hopped on the bed and position himself to sleep.

Wei Ying didn't lose hope. He slowly turns his body facing Lan Zhan moving closer to his husband's body. He then clung his one leg to Lan Zhan thigh, placing his neck to his arm and embrace him tight.

Lan Wanji body becomes stiff and didn't move a muscle. He just let the man beside him until both of them dozes off.

Now that Lan Wanji knows what is his condition, he decided to do the usual things that his brother told him to do. Since Wei Wuxian is pregnant and they are husbands, Lan Wanji must be responsible even he doesn't feel love towards Wei Wuxian.

Lan Xichen asked Wei Wuxian about their daily routine and relay it to Lan Zhan. As soon as he wakes up, Lan Zhan feels a heaviness on top of him.

Lan Wanji tried to move but he can't. He then realized, Wei Wuxian is on top of him sleeping peacefully and when he touched his back to push him down slowly, he touches his bareback skin.

Lan Zhan eyes wide when he looked at himself half-naked too. He then saw his forehead ribbon wrapped on Wei Wuxian's hand while the end part is on him.

Did Wei Wuxian strip him last night? He just shakes his head and washes up. He stares at Wei Wuxian's bare stomach and unconsciously rubs it with his warm palm. He doesn't know but when he heard that Wei Wuxian is pregnant, he doesn't show any reaction but that moment, his heart pound hard. He can't even say a single word, the reason why his uncle got furious with him.

After brushing his hair and fixing his forehead ribbon, he gets inside the kitchen and prepares breakfast. It's odd, that he can remember what are the food Wei Ying likes. Maybe because even he doesn't feel love towards his husband, the responsibility and his daily routine remains.

Lan Zhan too is puzzled, the first and second day was really an empty feeling for Wei Wuxian. But when he learned that he is pregnant, even he doesn't love the man, he feels happy knowing there is an unborn child in his tummy, the fruit of their hard work when he is still in love with his husband.

Wei Wuxian wakes up, like yesterday he feels dizzy and runs to the bathroom. Wei Ying jolted in surprise when he feels a warm hand rubbing his back clockwise.

He then washes his mouth when he feels the vomiting is over and nothing to come out. Lan Zhan helps him stand up slowly and the emotion that Wei Ying he was holding finally let go.

“Lan Zhan...uwuwuwuwu...thank you...” Wei Ying hugs Lan Zhan as he sobs. He can't believe that Lan Zhan is rubbing his back.

The pregnancy journey is the hardest part for him right now. Lan Zhan lose his love for him while he is pregnant is really a difficult situation, at least Lan Zhan is trying his best to become a responsible husband now.

Wei Ying becomes lively again. Everyone thought, they just had a fight two days ago, but now Wei Ying is smiling crazily again. They didn't notice and don't even know that Lan Zhan doesn't love Wei Wuxian at all.

Because Wei Ying is in good mood, during breaks he has the chance to flirt with his husband. And because he is pregnant, Lan Zhan cannot protest. He cannot put him in shame if stop him. He might feel depressed too.

Lan Wanji asked Jinling, Jingyi, and A-yuan to look for Wei Wuxian while sleeping. Lan Zhan will gather the set up the nets together with the other seniors.

Lan Zhan heard a noise when they come back. The juniors are fighting with a soul-eating creature.

Lan Wanji takes out his Quqin and strums it a few times until the soul dissipates and went in straight to his pouch.

“Han Guangjun, quick! Senior Wei is bleeding.”

Lan Wanji sealed the pouch well and gave it to Su She who is assigned to send the captured evil souls in the Dungeon of Wicked Souls.

Lan Wanji flies with the sword and brings Wei Ying's body inside the Jinshi. The doctor checks Wei Ying condition.

“The baby was almost eaten by that soul-eating ghost. You must be careful or you will lose the fruit of love.”

Lan Zhan feels worried about the baby and asked permission from his Uncle to let Wei Wuxian rest and exempt him from taking part in the school.

“Wanji, that is a better idea and I am glad you think of that.”

“I only think the baby, nothing more.”

“Whatever as long we can keep the safety of the baby.”

Since that incident happened, Wei Wuxian just stays in the Jinshi and tsking care of the rabbits and other animals. He waits for his Lan Zhan daily and at night he is hoping one day, Lan Zhan will do it with him without hesitation.

It's been two weeks now and his morning sickness is getting worst day by day. Not only that, Wei Wuxian tried his best to restrain of not touching himself but he accidentally saw his husband naked in the bathroom when Lan Zhan gets out of the bathtub.

Wei Wuxian feels weird and when he though Lan Zhan goes out and will not come back he sits on the bed and starts to stroke himself.

Lan Zhan forgets his Bichen so he gets back inside their bedroom and was shocked by what he saw.

“Ahhh.Lan Zhan...help me...” Wei Ying moaned.

to be continued...

Thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter.