Chapter 6 - The Impostors

This is my last update for this week to this story. TGIF...

It's been two months now since Lan Zhan unlove Wei Ying because of the potion and Wei Ying's life and daily routine changed too. Despite their situation, Lan Zhan managed to assist Wei Ying, especially during his morning sickness. Lan Zhan has been always late to the assembly time or he is just chasing the students to the site.

It's been hard for Lan Qiren to witness his nephew suffering from unloving his husband. Lan Xichen is trying to figure out how will Lan Zhan remember his love even the wicked ghost gave them a clue already. Day and night, they are sealing the Jinshi making sure there is no ghost eating soul is roaming around. Summoning the souls to disappear or if the soul is stubborn, they will trap them and keep it in the Dungeon of Wicked Souls.

Su She is the only person who can manage to get in and out of the dungeon. He has the wad of keys. Each cage has it's unique locks.

Lan Qiren asked Su She to bring back the wicked soul that mixed the unlove potion. Su She takes it out after a minute and brought it to the interrogation hall.

The wicked soul had the same answer. To protect the fruit of love is the only way to bring back the person's love to his loved one if they fell in love naturally.

Lan Qiren took a deep breath and asked the cultivators to make sure the Jinshi and Cloud Recess has no wicked soil roaming around.

Wei Ying is feeling bored, it is already three in the afternoon, and he is excited to see his husband again anytime soon. He decided to go to the garden to feed the rabbits.

He sits under the tree. He then picks his favorite one and places it on his lap while leaning his back on the tree.  He keeps caressing the rabbit while feeding it. Wei Ying feels dizzy when another rabbit hopped on his leg and keep snuggling on his tummy. And at the moment he blinks his eyes, his favorite rabbit bitten his finger.

“Ouch!” Wei Ying cried and saw the blood starts to drip. He quickly put down the rabbit that he was feeding and tried to push the rabbit that keeps on sniffing his stomach but doesn't want to hop down.

Wei Ying is getting weaker while the blood is dripping from his finger.

“Wei Ying!” Lan Zhan calls him out and runs to him. He quickly unsheathed his bichen and before the rabbit can escape, Lan Zhan slashed the one that bites Wei Ying.

Wei Ying dizziness suddenly disappeared and the blood stops from dripping.

“Lan Zhan, why did you kill my favorite  g

“Lan Zhan my favorite rabbit. It only bites me.”

“No. Your favorite rabbit is on your stomach. It is protecting you.” Wei Ying was surprised.

“Lan Zhan, how did you know which one is my favorite?”

“Your favorite has its forehead ribbon. You can't see it. Only us with ribbons can see it.”

“Lan Zhan, thank you....” Wei Ying hugs his husband. He doesn't know what he will do if Lan Zhan didn't arrive soon.

“How do you feel when the rabbit bit you?”

“I feel dizzy and my stomach hurts.”

“Wei Ying, never come out of the Jinshi ever again.”

“Why?”

“The rabbit was an impostor. It is one of the ghost eating the unborn soul.”

“But how they did get in here..”

“Wei Ying, I am not sure yet but I will inform brother and uncle.”

“Lan Zhan...I miss you...”Wei Ying raised his hands asking Lan Zhan to carry him.