Three Small Words: AU2 Chapter 15

Ethan

Ethan

"You are?"

Valerie and I spoke in unison as we both stood, looking dumbfounded at June.

"....the merger is gone. Edenbrook is a sinking ship. I'm taking my opportunity," she raised a brow, pointedly at Valerie,

"So...You're leaving for...Mass- I mean Solomon Kenmore. Which means-"

"....I suppose. The ultimatum is....non existent." she said.

V fell into the chair and sagged as i stood with my eyes wide open.

"June, you are abandoning edenbrook to work with Tobias, seriously?"

"I see no reason to stay. You and I both know with the lawsuit building, there is nothing to save Edenbrook now. Tobias gave me an offer. I couldn't and didn't refuse."

V shook her head and June continued to say "Now, we have to go to Marisas room. I have other news. but i thought you two..."

she glanced between us, "would like to know this first."

"...we'll be right behind you." I said and she nodded before opening the door and leaving back out the office.

And a silence settled over Valerie and I.

"So..."

She smiled before standing up and saying "....there's no more ultimatum..."

I smiled back and said "No more June..."

and with that we laughed and she jumped into my arms, her legs going about my waist as I held her tightly.

"Dr Ramsey.... this....this...." she laughed and I held her close.

"I know....I know...."

she pulled away a little and kissed me so deeply that I had to adjust her in my arms and kissed her back just a fiercely.

"....Something tells me we have to celebrate later..." she bit her lip with a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"God yes..."

I kissed her again as I placed her down and she draped her arms over my shoulders.

"Mmm...Okay, that...we..."

"will talk later?"

"Yes. Lets go." she smiled and I smiled back as we started to leave out the office.....
——-

Valentine

"you did what?!"

For the second time in the last 20 minutes, I have been in shock at the words coming from June Hirata.

Ethan, Baz, marisa and I all looked to her and she said "it's Marisa's chance of survival. He agreed to it fair and square, and now we have a liver."