In Plain Sight: AU2 Chapter 26

AUTHORS NOTE: Well todays chapter is certainly eventful! With Bloom now running Edenbrook, everything is incredibly disorganized- but when an emergency medical mystery falls into Ethan, Valerie and James' laps, they have to diagnose him in just 8 hours- Romance, drama and mystery- this is 'In Plain Sight' and I hope you enjoy :)

Ethan

After checking the Man we had sedated, James and I stood outside his room, deep and pensive as we discussed ideas.

"An ECG?" Hd raised a brow

"Yes, bloodwork too. This could possibly be a toxin, I don't know-"

V came down the hall and said "So we will need to order an MRI as well."

I stood up straight from the wall and said "Ines and Zaid cleared you to be on this case?"

She nodded, and once again, I felt conflicted...

She saw straight through me and said "doctor Ramsey, I'll be okay. I promise."

"...if you're sure."

She nodded and James said "I heard about...the senator. You've got guts, kid. I'll give you that. Not many people are that brave."

She laughed, a little sad but somewhat bitter "Not really doctor Monroe, just doing what I have to do. This is no different. I'm highly capable."

I sighed and approached Her, dropping my voice to her level only. "I know that. Not only are you my mentee and I'm your boss, but your my girlfriend too. I'm responsible for you here at work, and I'm responsible for you as my girlfriend. ...I don't want harm to come to you. We don't know-"

She placed a finger to my lips and said "I know. And I love you so much for it. But this is my job. I can't be held back else the paranoia... it wins. I can do this."

She slowly removed her finger and replaced it with her lips, kissing me softly, and tenderly. The addicting kind of touch that leaves you starved the moment you part...

And once we did, I sighed and said "Okay..."

She smiled softly and grazed my cheek before going around me and down the hall.

"Come on boys, we have a case to solve."

James and I watched as she went and he chuckled "she's got you wrapped about her little finger."

"As much as I hate to admit it, she does. Ordinarily, I'd be-"

She turned back to us and raised a brow "doctor monroe, doctor Ramsey?"

He shook his head and said to me "I think the patient should be scared of her, not the other way round."

I chuckled as we started to walk and said "sounds more accurate. Coming doctor Valentine."