Chapter 1: Arrival

(A.N I wrote this a few months ago so don't judge me. My more recent books are better. I JUST REREAD THIS ITS SO FUNNY STOP WHAT WAS I DOING)

I woke up from my nap in a horse drawn carriage with my head leaning on my older brother Matthew's shoulder. I could hear the rain crashing onto the ground but it was too dark to see anything. the carriage had come to a stop and so I jumped out onto the hard ground and looked around. through the darkness I could see a looming building inform of me with huge, dark doors. my three brothers jumped out after me and we headed to the door and walked inside. finally we were here. after days worth of travelling we had finally made it to our destination. Hogwarts. once we walked in we saw a woman with grey hair done up in a tight bun and a long cloak on standing in the middle of the room waiting for us I assume.

"agh you are here, we were starting to worry! the sorting has already started so hurry in now!" said prof Mcgonnagal. she gestured towards another abnormally large door. my brothers started towards it so I followed. I had been very reluctant to come to this new school as I had loved beauxbatons and all my past friends there but maybe mother was right. maybe a new start would be beneficial for me and I must admit, Hogwarts is very impressive in its looks and exam results. As I made my way through the door a gasp escaped my mouth. 4 large tables lay in the brightly lit room all in rows. as I stared up at the ceiling an extraordinary sight met my eyes. dark grey clouds swirled around each other. the enchantment was very impressive. I looked around the room and noticed all eyes on me and my siblings. I suddenly felt very self conscious. Shit! im still in my old school uniform and I haven't had a shower in days. my hair was probably a mess now after I had fallen asleep in the carriage. this went a very good first impression on my new fellow students.

I followed my brothers up to the front of the room where long table of what I guessed where professors sat. infront of them was a stall with an old witches hat sat. of coarse! I had heard the old tale of the sorting hat from a book I read in the library back in France. this must be it! what I could remember was there were four houses. Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. My whole family were expected to be put in Slytherin as we were all very ambitious which is a trait of the house. A very old looking man stood up from his chair in the centre of the table. he had a long, white beard and matching hair and wore half moon spectacles the lay on the edge of his nose. He was quite extraordinary looking. As soon as I saw him I warmed to the man. I could tell he was kind. Ever since I was tiny, I always found it very easy to read people. I guess its a talent of mine.

"Now everybody, I would like to welcome some more new students before we settle down for our feast. These are the (y/l/n)s and I hope we give them very warm welcome as they have just travelled here all the way from France! Matthew is our eldest, he will be going the 7th year. We have Charlie and Max going us in the 6th year. it's going to take me some time to tell you two apart." the old man chuckles to himself. "and joining us in the 5th year, we have (y/n)." the headmaster smiles down at us.

"Now although you are not first years we still have to sort you into your houses. Lets start with the oldest shall we? Matthew, come take a seat on the stall here." Smiled Dumbledore. Prof Mcgonnagal stood next to the stall and lifted the hat. Matthew sat down with purpose and the teacher placed the hat on his head. after a few moments of silence the hat spoke loudly "SLYTHERIN". Cheers came from the table on the far right. Matthew stood u and went and sat at an open spot on the table. He had a satisfyed look on his face. Next up was Max. Once again the hat was on his head for only a few moments until it shouted "SLYTHERIN" once again. And the same happened again for Charlie. I suddenly felt a lot of pressure. What if I was put in Gryffindor? I would never live it down!

I walked cautiously up to the stall and sat on it. The professor placed the ragged hat on my head. The hat started talking loudly. I looked around the room and was petrified because it looked to me as if everyone could hear what the hat was saying. All of the teachers looked scared and Dumbledore had lost his charm and now looked almost angry.

"Aghhh I seee we have another hard one. Well I sorted your brothers into Slytherin and as I can tell, you could do very well there. You could become a very very powerful witch. Oooh but there is a kind heart in there. Maybe Hufflepuff will be a good house for you. Aghhhh no no, it will have to be Ravenclaw. You seem to have the brain of a genius. Yes, that is my decision. RAVENCLAW."

as the hat fell silent the cheers that met my brothers were not there. Everyone sat in silence staring at me. Shocked. The hat speaking out loud obviously wasn't normal. Was there something wrong with me?? After what seemed mike an age, a clap started from the table next to the Slytherins. And soon more people had joined in. Suddenly there was a loud cheer coming from the Ravenclaw table. I walked over and took a seat next to a tall girl with platinum blonde hair.

After a few minutes, Dumbledore had composed himself and stood up once more. "Aghh now no point to keep you waiting any longer. The feast can begin!"

All of a sudden plates stacked high of food appeared in front of me on the table. My golden goblet filled up to the brim with liquid and the students around me started chatting loudly as they helped themselves to the feast.

"Hello. My name is Luna! Its nice to meet you." said the girl sitting next to me.

"That was awfully strange what happened you know, with the hat!"

"Oh really. well anyway, its nice to meet you Luna. My name is (Y/N) and im very excited to be here." I said. I didn't really want to talk about the sorting

"no you're not. Don't worry you don't have to lie. I cantle your just too polite to say. beaubatons seems lovely. im sure you must miss it a lot." said the strange girl.

"Well yes I do actually. but at least I now know there is someone nice here." I smiled at her. Although she seemed strange and a bit like she was on her own planet. I liked her straight forwardness. We talked for the rest of the evening as we dug in to the delicious food. Luna told me all about the school and the students here.

"and that over there, is Tom Riddle. He is the most powerful wizard here. He's in our year swell. He has no friends. everyone is scared of him. Apparently he has murdered people before!" I looked over to where Luna was pointing and so a skinny dark haired boy sitting at a distance from the laughing students at the Slytherin table. As soon as I saw him he looked up. His dark, mysterious eyes locked with mine and a weird feeling flowed through me. We stared at each other for what felt like hours until I finally broke it and looked away.

"He is very attractive apparently. I wouldn't know as boys aren't really my type but almost all the girls here are obsessed with him. He obviously doesn't think they are good enough for him" Said Luna. I tried to focus on my meal but I couldn't help but feel like someone was watching me. It gave me shivers down my spine.

After we had finished Luna showed me up to our Ravenclaw common room. There were silk sofas and mis matched armchairs everywhere. To enter, We had to answer a riddle that the eagle gave us and then we were allowed to enter. A large fireplace stood in the room with blazing flames in it. I looked out of the windows and admired the stunning views. Maybe Hogwarts wouldn't be as bad as I thought. Luna took me up a staircase and showed me into a room with three poster beds in it. "This is our dorm room. We share it with Hermione, she sin Gryffindor but she is so lovely don't worry you will like her. I noticed my luggage already unpacked by the furthest bed next to the large window. I also saw robes with a blue Ravenclaw sign in the corner hanging up ready for me.

"wow thank you so much Luna, If you don't mind im going to go and look for my brothers but I will be back soon!" I said as I walked out the door. It took me some time to find the Slytherin common room but I finally found it down in the dungeons. The door was ajar so I walked straight inside

END OF CHAPTER

Ok thank you so much for reading the first chapter and im so sorry for the spelling mistakes or any grammar mistakes. IK THIS CHAPTER IS SO LONG SO THANK YOU FOR READING IT ALL