Cedric

(Y/N) pov

The scream filled my head and made my body go stiff. I looked up at Tom and saw fear in his eyes. An emotion I had never seen on him before. He took my hand swiftly and walked towards the sound. Once we came around the corner I stopped dead in my tracks. There was someone lying on the floor, not moving. shit. shit shit shit. please don't be dead. please Cedric don't be dead. 

Tears started forming in my eyes and my vision became blurred. I knelt down next to him and put my finger under his nose. Thank god. he was still breathing. I shook him slightly. "Hey Cedric, its me, Cedric you need to wake up, we need to get you out of here" his eyes began to slowly open and a loud groan left his mouth. "Hey Cedric, its ok, its ok. we will get someone to help you ok, don't worry" I said rushed through my tears. I looked up at Tom. 

"Who did this to you?" he said staring at a spot on Cedric stomach. I followed his eyes and saw blood. lots of blood. fuck. "(Y/N) you need to go, he might come back." Cedric gasped. "leave me here, I'll be fine ok." he grabbed my hand and held it. 

"who will be here?" Tom asked demandingly. I looked at him and shook my head. Why wasn't he worried about Cedric?? 

"I didn't see his face but he just came up to me and hexed me." Cedric said.

"Shhhh its ok Cedric we'll be ok." I said whilst stroking his hair back to try and calm him down. A clanking sound came from around the corner that sounded a lot like footsteps. Shit. Oh shit. 

"we have to leave (Y/N). Right now. i'm not letting you get hurt." Tom whispered into my ear. 

"we can't just leave him here. He'll die." I said, sobbing now. Tom took my hand and pulled me up. the footsteps were getting closer. 

"The magic in that wound is very dark, we will be dead in a heartbeat."

"Cedric, you have to play dead. Act as if you died ok." Tom said in a matter of fact kind of way. How was he so calm?! It was a good Idea though. 

"Ok Cedric just shut your eyes and we will come back to you as soon as possible." I promised him, stroking his hair one more time and then allowing Tom to lead me away quickly. 

"In here." he whispered, pulling my hand into a small broom closet. He pulled me towards him and we both went and crouched under a table. My head was leaning across his chest and I could here his rapid heartbeat. It calmed me. whilst we stayed there, I remembered back to when I had laid under the sun with my mother when I was six. It was my last memory of her. my eyesight began to blur. He placed his hand on my head and stroked it gently. Through my tears I looked up at him. 

"Will Cedric be ok?" I whispered. 

He looked down at my face and put his finger to his lips to tell me to be quiet. The footsteps grew louder once more and soon sounded like they were just outside the door. They paused for a second and my panic rose again, but once again, the heavy footsteps continued until they were just a mere tapping sound in the background. He took my hand gently, the warmth of his body spreading to mine. We walked quickly down the long, winding corridors until we stopped next to a large, golden statue of a bird standing proudly, its wings outstretched.