Chapter 1

"Honey! No matter what you choose your father and I will always be here waiting for you!"

I felt theirs arms around me tighten and the wetness of their tears falling on my neck. I could barely hear them over the wind from the power behind me.

"Your mother is right hun! Some way, some how you will find your way home!"

I felt the air behind me shift now that I didn't have much longer to make up my mind. They need me, but they also don't need my help. Hugging my parents tight I started crying as well with hot tears streaming down my face.

"Mom, dad, I don't know what to do! I don't want to leave everything I know and love, but I don't want to pass up on something that can change my life!"

My mother pulled away cupping my face in her hands. My father pulling away but keeping his hands on my shoulders. Both were smiling at me with tears in their eyes.

"You do what feels right! We raised you to seize opportunities when they arrive so you do what you think will make you happy!"

Nodding my head I pulled from both of them turning to the source of power and bright light behind me. I have made up my mind, I'll do the right thing! I just hope they don't hate me for doing what is right.

_______________________________

PRESENT

"Stephanie. Hello."

"Mmmmmm"

"Earth to stephanie you day dreaming again!" My friend grabbed my shoulder giving me a rough shake.

"Huh! What!?" Turning to look at her she was laughing at me her hand still on me.

"I tried calling your name but you just say there starting at the screen. The movie is over let's go back to your place and crash."

Smiling at her I nodded my head picking up my trash from the cup holders. We just got done watching the new demon slayer movie together before my friend had to go back home from vacation.

"So when during the movie did you space out or was it right at the end?"

"Sorry Tina, I honestly don't know I just kind of spaced out and don't remember much."

Watching her blonde hair in front of me away back in forth we walked out the theatre and to my car. Looking up I saw it was pitch black out with the moon shining high meaning it was probably midnight.

"Hey Tina, what time is your flight tomorrow?"

She opened my car door climbing in the front seat with me doing the same.

"I have to be at the airport by 6 am."

Whipping my head to her my mouth flying open.

"Huh!! Then why did we go at this time of night to see the movie!?"

"Cause the other tickets were sold out and we said fuck it anyways." She laughed pulling her seat belt around her waist. "Now let's get back so we can nap real quick before having to get up at 5 am."

"Oh yeah that's right."

Pulling my seat belt on and starting the car I pulled from the parking lot and made my way home. The drive was pretty quick since we just talked about the movie and grew sad over someone's death the entire drive. Pulling into my cabin we quickly walked inside and we each walked to our rooms.

"Night Tina see you in five hours."

She laughed smiling at me. "Yeah just get some sleep you goober."