Ten

⚠️ Mention of rape⚠️

Veronica rushed to where Betty was standing and looked through the peephole to see that their night horrors have come to life. Alice vigorously started knocking on the door after Betty slammed the door on their face. It kept going on and knowing their parents they'd probably breakthrough next. Veronica looked at Betty who had a terrified look on her face. Neither of them wanted to be dragged back to where they lived. Veronica exhaled loudly, shivering a little, and then opened the door surprising Betty. The two smirking faces came to their views as the barged into their apartment.

" Well, this is way worse than what you used to live in. I don't understand why you would run away to live in such a hellhole.", Alice said as soon as she entered. 

Betty rolled her eyes at her mother's comment knowing that she would say something bad about the place.

Then Hermione said," Mija how are you? Who is this boy and this girl? Your boyfriend and friend?"

Veronica looked at her mom in disgust and spat out," I am living an amazing life here, thank you for asking. This is Jughead and his sister and no he is not my boyfriend. Both of them are our friends."

" Oh Mija, do you seriously like hanging out with these...poor and uncultured people? Don't you miss your friends like Nick and Cheryl?"

" DON'T YOU DARE CALL MY FRIENDS NAMES WITHOUT KNOWING THEM. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THEM. AND OF COURSE I DON'T MISS NICK MOM. HE TRIED TO RAPE ME...DO U UNDERSTAND THAT?!", Veronica screamed at her mom.

" VERONICA! Don't talk to your mother like that. You know their family has paid you money to keep quiet and you go ahead and scream that in front of these strangers. And what about Cheryl huh? She's miserable without you two.", Alice scolded Veronica.

" Cheryl isn't miserable because she misses us...she's miserable because she's STILL in the wrath of Penelope. She was supposed to come with us but you all ruined that. You are ruining our lives!", Betty exclaimed.

Jughead then cleared his throat to get their attention and then said," I'll be going now..."

Betty looked at Jughead pleadingly signifying him not to go but Jughead just smiled at her and walked out with Jellybean. Betty was confused as to why he would leave...maybe he didn't understand what she was signifying or was uncomfortable? Most probably, it must've been extremely uncomfortable, thought Betty.

Veronica then asked," How did you find us?"

" Well people in Riverdale are extremely nice or should I say gullible. Just asked 2 to 3 people if they know you guys and we reached here. Although I have to say, there was some carrot top working at the dinner who told us he had never seen you. Blind fool."

" Don't. Call. Him. A. Carrot. Top.", Veronica said gritting her teeth. 

" Why is that low life your boyfriend?", Hermione shot out.

" NO MOM, NOT EVERY BOY I KNOW IS MY BOYFRIEND AND HE IS FOR SURE NOT A LOW LIFE!"

" Then why is he working at some lousy diner instead of becoming a successful businessman?"

" Because he wants to follow his life's passion and he has a supportive family for that unlike you guys."

" Hermione we're wasting time here. You two pack your bags... we're going back home.", Alice said now frustrated.

" HOME?! MOM DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT HOME IS? BECAUSE FOR ME THIS IS MY HOME!", Betty screamed at her mom.

" ELIZABETH DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME OR ELSE-", Alice threatened.

" OR ELSE WHAT...YOU WILL DRAG ME TO YOUR PLACE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO THAT.", Betty shot back.

" And why can't I young lady...??", Alice sneered while questioning

" Because mom we are adults now. We have full rights to live independently and nothing can stop us.", Betty said trying to keep her cool once again.

" But we are your family-", Alice started.

Alice got cut off by the sound of sirens right outside the girls apartment. They looked out of their window but couldn't understand what happened. The sheriff came up to the second floor, where the two were staying, and knocked on the door.

Veronica opened it and asked," How may I help you?"

" Miss we got a harassment complain from this address made by a Mr. Jones. Is there any problem going on?", Sheriff spoke up.

Veronica turned towards Betty who was right behind her and smirked. Betty finally understood why Jughead was acting so weird...he wasn't weird he was trying to act natural. Betty smiled and nodded her head signifying Veronica to open the door more.

" Officers, these are the people who are harassing us."

" Ladies please come with me to the station."

" We are not going anywhere."

" If you don't then we are forced to put you in handcuffs and that won't be pleasant."

The two ladies huffed and followed the sheriff out of the apartment while Alice whispered on the way," We will be back for you."

Veronica yelled back at that," Yeah I don't think so Alice. Wouldn't want you in prison now would we?"

Betty and Veronica closed the door and let out a huge sigh at the same time. After everything that had happened, they were exhausted. Betty made a mental note to thank Jughead and get him a gift of some sort with it. Veronica also made a note to thank Jughead as he did just save them from being dragged out of Riverdale. What a morning...

A/N Ok so I'm sorry if I messed up any police protocols cuz I don't really know much about all this. Also I know I said I'll post like 2 days later but I had a lot of school work so once again I'm sorry...
Hope you enjoyed the chapter tho! One of the more drama ones probably...