The Hunter & The Hunted

^^^^

!!Art by @dream_teeaamm on Instagram!!

————♡︎————

//George's POV//

It was a regular day. Bright and sunny, a few clouds spattered across the sky, and a small breeze blowing every now and then. Me and my 'teammates', Nick and Darryl, had just set out to start a mission that we were assigned. We worked for the ruler of our land as 'soldiers' or- more likely known as hunters.

"George, have you seen anything yet?" Darryl asked, walking out from the tree line, into the opening where we had set up a small camp.

"No, not yet," I replied.

We were sent on a mission to try and hunt down a criminal. He was known for being the sneakiest and best of any other criminal known, or caught. He went by the name dream. He always had a round mask covering his face. It was painted with a simple smiley face.

And from what people have said, claiming they had seen him running around at times, is that he wears a bright, lime green hoodie, that just passed his hips, along with pitch-black leather gloves, that didn't actually have the finger parts.

No body had seen anything beside that, so there wasn't to much to go by, but it seemed like he made himself stand out, like- if you were a criminal being hunted, you wouldn't were a bright lime green sweater constantly?

It was the next day and we still hadn't seen any signs, nor sighting of Dream. I personally wasn't to surprised, dream didn't really have an exact schedule on when he would appear.

The only reason I knew this is because every time he decided to steal something, or very very occasionally murder someone, he always left a signature mark.

A smile.

Just two dots and a small curved line below them.

Every time someone found a smile, it wouldn't happen in a pattern or a 'schedule'

It would just randomly happen. Like, he just struck whenever he felt like it.

// Dream's POV //

I didn't exactly have anything planned today besides roaming around the city for a few, seeing if there were any new shops or stuff like that.

Seeing as I was constantly being hunted, I lived in a small 'cottage' out in the woods, maybe about 5 miles from the city. It was nice, it was always quiet, no loud hunters or citizens screaming at each other.

I had just started to head towards the city when I heard talking. I immediately hid behind a tree and listened to the voices, along with the sound of leaves crunching here and there.

"Oh c'mon on! You have to at least try!" One voice said in a whinnying tone.

"No- I already told you, no matter what you do it's not going to convince me!" A different voice responded.

That's two people...

"So- your saying your gay?" A third voice asked.

Never mind...make that three-

"W-what?! No! I'm just saying that I don't have a big interest in that particular girl, ok?" A voice explained.

So..three people- what are they doing though..?

I slowly peered around the tree to see three men, probably all around the same age, slowly walking, side by side. One was wearing a black hoodie that was outlined with a bright red. He also had a pair of glasses, Along with a dark-ish, light-ish brown color, for his hair.