Chapter 10: Revelations

KO waited with an excitement he hadn't felt in a while, he felt like his heart about to explode with adrenaline, and it had nothing to do with the fact that he was in the middle of a mission

"All Protocols observed, the Target has been rescued" KO said into his ear piece.

Sergeant Domingo looked at KO as though he was looking at KO for the first time.

"I know I am pretty good looking, but your making me uncomfortable..." KO said joking with Sergeant Domingo

"Why do you keep staring at me?" KO said again, looking at Sergeant Domingo curiously, who quickly turned to look another way. They were waiting at one of the boundary walls of the Johnston Mansion, it was the agreed point of departure, he was waiting for the widow and Mr. Preston to join them.

Zach waited impatiently, his feet jumping, he really couldn't wait to hand over Sergeant Domingo to them and go and get Leila.

He could make out the small figure of the widow and the overweight Mr. Preston walking up to them.

Mr.Preston was drenched in sweat, looking like he could use some rescuing himself. The widow kept giving him the side eye, not impressed with her partner.

"What took you so long..." KO mumbled a little irritably,

"Can you see what I'm working with here ..." The Widow mumbled back grumpy, giving the side eye to Mr. Preston

We –walk-walked-f-f-for a-a-ages" Preston said, huffing and puffing , resting on his knees to catch his breath, his face bright red.

Sergeant Domingo and KO stared at him horror-struck

"Good Point..." KO said, "Well , Here is Sergeant Domingo...Please ensure you bring him back to Head Quarters safely..." KO finished

"But where are you going ?" The Widow asked shocked

"Seems like this mission came with a bonus..." KO winked , staring at widows face looking up at him in horror.

"Bonus? Are you still drunk ?" She stared at him suspiciously

"Hmm...don't think so...but hey who cares..." KO said, as he started walking off into the dark to get his bonus.

KO felt excited, as he started walking through the corridors looking for her. They had agreed to meet at the entrance foyer of the Johnston Mansion.

They had left part of the Johnston Mansion in shambles, but not this part. It was still as pristine and beautiful untouched by the war that was going around in the other wing of the mansion.

He took one of many short cuts he knew of the Johnston Mansion, thinking that Leila would probably not know any of them which took him the length of his childhood and sneaking in and out of the mansion to acquire.

As he entered the Foyer, he could see it was empty. Sighing to himself, something's never changed, she always made him wait...

***

"Pr-Princess....are you okay?" Skinner asked awkwardly, staring at Princess, who stood still as a statue as though he were in a daze. Before Skinner could comprehend what was happening Princess started sobbing.

"Wha-Are..you crying ...?" Skinner asked shocked, Princess hid his face in his hand's, the only thing that Skinner could see was his heavy breathing.

"Aw..come on...of all the times to act like a girl...you chose this time..?" Skinner said awkwardly trying to make a joke,

"Okay...can you at least untie my hands..?" He asked awkwardly, but Princess kept crying, "Okay then...ill just sit here then.." He said staring at Princess.