Chapter 7

Izuku left the Radio building for Akihabara Station in a daze. Normally, his thoughts would have been occupied with hero work or meticulously planning the rest of his day for various workouts and internet surfing for hero studies and case research, but anytime he tried, he kept landing back on one sole thought on his mind: the girl from the subway, Alyssa Blake. It was a small, fleeting thought, insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but it kept coming back. The silver, limited edition All-Might figurine in the plastic shopping bag he carried was proof of their meeting, a present and constant reminder.

He could scarcely believe it. He had encountered the same girl he had met only days ago, and what was more unbelievable was that she had remembered him as well. She had even smiled at him and had actually given him her phone number- a girl's phone number. Which shouldn't have been as monumental as he made it out to be- he had his mother and Ochako, and Hatsume's phone number because it just made common sense to have his support mechanic on speed dial -but it wasn't the same. It wasn't given out of obligation like being friends or part of a school group chat like Class A of the Hero Course did, but rather with the intent to talk more with a person, like someone who you would want to date romantically.

Realizing the implications that came with it, Izuku felt his face grow hot before reprimanding himself. Don't think like that. Men for years have fallen down the wrong path because of assumptions and misunderstandings involving girls. You're only thinking like this because of what Kaminari and Aoyama said. Alyssa wasn't really giving out her phone number in a romantic sense. She was just asking for my email so that we could talk about heroes. Yeah, that made more sense. World order restored.

But she said she was going to name her kids after me... another voice crept into his mind and his face seared vermilion at the thought. Wait, did that mean she was married? He didn't see a wedding ring. Her hand was so soft and smooth, like baby skin. She must have used a lot of moisturizers. She also had a really firm grip and a confident manner in carrying herself. He'd had some people who had approached him before claiming to be fans, and he would always feel a touch of modesty and embarrassment while feeling a sense of elation at being praised for his work, but this encounter had felt different. She had been open and unapologetic with her actions and was apparently unaffected by his hero status. In a way, it reminded him of people like Kacchan, who were unafraid of expressing their feelings. He admired her candidness which was refreshing living in a world of celebrity status.

It was also entirely possible that he had misread the whole situation and the figure was for one of her kids because they were a fan. That thought kinda depressed him a bit, but he refused to let that get him down. Alyssa was still someone who he could talk about heroes with and become friends with, and that had been the original intent behind her wanting his number. End of story. Having said that, Izuku thought back to her earlier question of a 'green bunny superhero' and ruminated over the details. It was entirely possible that there had been more heroes on the scene that he was not aware of. Working as a pro-hero full time ate up his schedule more than anything, so it was entirely possible that a new hero had entered the game without his knowledge. Ever since the meta-liberation crisis, the world had nearly been thrown into chaos while hero society tried to recover. New heroes had been popping out of the wood work in order to replenish their numbers lost to villain extremists while reformations around Quirk usage had been reexamined by the government. Quirk training had been slowly added to the education system and the hero career track, while still being only offered in high school, had after-school cram schools for middle school students to learn the fundamentals of basic Quirk use so that the exams would not be as daunting.

An abrupt nudge to Izuku's side jostled him out of his reverie as a smaller figure pushed past him. "Oh sorry!" Izuku apologized reflexively. The figure didn't look back, keeping their eyes forward as they moved unapologetically through the crowd. Having lost his train of thought, a gurgle in Izuku's stomach reminded him of why he walking back to Akihabara Station. Hungry for something particularly hot and salty, he reached into his back pocket to check if he had enough cash on him to grab a quick meal or would have to split it on a credit card; he didn't like to use the company card unless it was an emergency or for necessary office funds like support gear repairs or printer ink. However, when he reached down into his back pocket, he found that his Ground Zero wallet was gone. Distracted or not, he was positive he had slipped it back into his pocket when he had left the store. Had he dropped it somewhere?