|| 𝚘𝚗𝚎. ||

« -- ❈ -- »

𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚙𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚏 ]

runaway // aurora

« -- ❈ -- »

Everyone has their secrets.

And Jocelin Avery despised not knowing them.

Upstairs doors closed with slams and laughter erupted from inside the rooms. It seemed her sister Delilah and Sirius Black had abandoned their summer work in favor of Exploding Snap, while the Black sisters crept around the house speaking in low cautious whispers. Jocelin found herself tucked in a corner, ear pressed against the dark wood paneling attempting to glean anything coherent from the urgent whispers from the next room over.

She was so focused on the task she hadn't noticed another appear next to her, watching carefully.

"What are you doing?" She jumped, quickly pressing a finger to her lips to silence them. It was Regulus Black, his curly dark hair just barely covering his eyes so he had to shake his head every few minutes in an attempt to brush them from his sight. His hands settled in his pockets and he made no move to leave Jocelin alone, oddly curious at her position.

"Shh, I'm trying to listen." The eleven year old whispered, pressing her ear back to the wall.

"Filthy mudbloods..."

"Kreacher, get!"

"You've heard the rumors too? I cannot say I disagree..."

"I think they're talking about muggle-borns. Mudbloods you know. My mum says they shouldn't be allowed at Hogwarts or in our world, it's a disgrace." Regulus offered, still rooted in his spot. It was useless now, his presence distracting Jocelin entirely.

"That's all they ever talk about." She murmured disappointedly and pushed away from the wall, standing up to meet him almost eye-to-eye. It was more than that though, that much was obvious to everyone. Jocelin just couldn't place what she was missing exactly.

The two stood there for a moment, silent in their attempts to figure out just what to say to the other. Regulus's lips twitched, as if he was trying to find the words to address the situation. Her eyes fell across his features before tearing away to glance behind them, her ears burning. Over Regulus's shoulder Narcissa seemed to be talking rather seriously at an annoyed Bellatrix. There was an air of tension between them, as they both repeatedly glanced at the room next to them, the same one Jocelin had attempted to listen in on.

That's when Bella and Narcissa noticed the two of them, their hands clasping as they lead each other away. If Regulus hadn't been in her way, Jocelin would have surely attempted to follow them. Yet he stood there, unmoving.