|| 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗. ||

« -- ❈ -- » 

[ 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 ]

rival // ruelle 

« -- ❈ -- » 

It'd been days since the wedding, the kiss, the note. Dilly was the only one to check up on Jocelin, leaving lunches outside her bedroom door and clearing the half-eaten food that was left. The weather seemed to be aware of her circumstance, as the grey skies and soft patter of rain against her window were enough to encourage her to stay under the sheets. How much of his sudden departure was his own volition, his mother's, or even hers? Dread filled her being as she pulled the blankets against her tighter, not ready to face the world.

Except Hettie had gotten wind of it all, and not even a day later she was standing in her room, hands on her hips as she took in the pitiful sight that was Jocelin Avery.

"It's not like he shagged you and left Jo." She rolled her eyes, but still seated herself gently on her bed. Her hand stroked Jocelin's hair with a softness she hadn't known Hettie capable of.

"You didn't see the look his mother gave us she was...appalled." It was embarrassing honestly.

"I bet it was the same awful scowl she always wears." She reassured her, fingers wiping gently across her cheek as they threaded through her hair. It was a relaxing movement, one that assured Jocelin she was in trustworthy hands.

"And then he just owled me 'See you soon', not even a mention of what happened or wanting to see me just...what if he never talks to me again Het?" The thought was enough to make her sit up, to face her best friend in worry. What if Regulus never wanted to see her again? What if he kissed her and decided nothing was there?

"Then it's his loss. But Jo, you are being ridiculous. Too caught up in that soft little head of yours." Her pointer finger tapped lightly against Jocelin's temple. "Now please bathe and get dressed so we can do something actually fun." A small push was enough to get her to oblige. 

She pushed her headband into her still damp hair and glanced in the mirror. Her mother would be disapproving of the haunted look in her eyes, but Hettie was growing impatient. 

"Where are we off to now?" She sighed, turning her attention to the other whom was sprawled out in the middle of the floor, eyes eagerly taking in the latest Witch Weekly. 

"Oh, Narcissa and Lucius have a write up in this weeks column. Hogwarts sweethearts tie the knot in a night to remember at the Malfoy Manor." Hettie flipped through the pages, obviously attempting to find some mention of her in a photo or quote. When she didn't find anything she flipped the magazine closed and flung it across the room. Jocelin was exhausted. Even with Hettie's support and her attempts to calm and cheer her up, there was an air of exhaustion. A front that Jocelin had to maintain, she just needed a moment and now she was fine. That's what was expected.