|| 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗. ||

« -- ❈ -- » 

[ 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚛 
𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 ]

all the pretty girls // kaleo

« -- ❈ -- » 

Whatever high hopes Jocelin had for the spring seemed to be falling apart with each passing day. She was readily ignored by the professors she so dearly wanted approval from, and Regulus had gotten too busy with his own family, coursework and quidditch to be around as much as she would have liked. Though any amount of time with him wouldn't be enough for her. 

Hettie, on the other hand, was always around. Maybe even too much. 

"I know your secrets Jocelin." She nudged her, the words a whisper to keep from attracting Slughorn's attention. Her eyes darted across the room to where Regulus sat with Alexander and Clare. All three were peering quizzically into their cauldron, a light blue smoke wafting over them instead of the deep purple that was needed.

"What secrets?" Jocelin shot back, attempting to keep herself from glancing Regulus's way. 

"That you've got it bad for a certain Seeker. I bet if you asked for a private quidditch lesson he would happily oblige." Hettie winked, satisfied with how uncomfortable she had made Jocelin. The girl, flushed with embarrassment, reached for a vile of beetle eyes and poured out what she needed.

"I can fly just fine on my own." 

"But you don't have to. You're an Avery, he's a Black. It makes perfect sense. You would have the cutest curly headed babies, with strange names. It's a match made in heaven." She drowned on, having stopped pretending to attempt the task in front of them. 

"And you're going to sit there and tell me you're not interested?" Jocelin refused to look as the words slipped through her lips. She could easily picture the smirk that rarely left her friend's lips.

"I never said I wasn't, but in case you didn't know there has been a bit of scandal with Henry. He'll straighten out soon enough. In the meantime my parents have...suggested I become acquainted with Alexander Nott." She shrugged, but was much more elated by that idea than Jocelin would have been. 

"Really?"

"You act so shocked, you know what it's like. I'm surprised your father didn't create a marriage contract on the day of your birth." It was so nonchalant out of her mouth. Jocelin couldn't help but tense at the thought. So much of her fate was already decided for her, she wished this would be one she could control. 

"I know. I'm not stupid." 

"Never said you were. A bit dimwitted at times, but either way. The Notts joined us on holiday and I can confidently say Alexander and I got on quite well." Her eyes narrowed at the statement. Jocelin swallowed, heat rising through her cheeks.