Chapter 7: Naughty brat

It was quiet for a moment, the only sound being our spoons clanking against the overpriced China bowls.

I slurped another spoon full and dipped it back into what tasted like chicken soup. It was actually incredibly delicious, but I couldn't seem to focus on that right now. All I could focus on was the fact that Joels thunderous gaze was pointed directly at me. He was taking slow bites of his soup but his eyes never faltered. I did my best to avoid the angry blue eyes but failed miserably, not able to keep mine from traveling back to his every so often to see if he was still glaring.

He always was.

He was pissed, that much I knew, and I couldn't explain why but it was bothering me. A lot. And why he was mad? I wasn't sure. For not listening, maybe? I didn't understand why something so small irritated him so much. Fudge, did he have anger issues or something? I really hoped not, cause I definitely did.

I was lost in thought for a moment, but one more peek at those eyes had me huffing out a breath in annoyance, not able to stay quiet anymore.

Damn, this wine.

"Can you stop looking at me like that?" I not so politely asked.

"Looking at you like what princess?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

He knew what I was talking about, but I told him anyways. "Like I did something wrong."

His head tilted to the side. "You don't believe you did anything wrong." It wasn't a question more an observation, and I swear his eyes darkened even more if that were even possible.

"No." I confirmed, trying to sound confident. Though I couldn't help but to look away from him, swallowing thickly at his expression.

"Which only confirms how much of a naughty brat you are." He told me again.

I immediately glared, a fire lightning inside me once again at that down right insulting word.

"No I'm not!" I argued in a clipped tone, silently fuming.

"You are." Was his only answer, eyes focused on my now clenched hands. 

Who did he think he was?

"Like I said before, not doing what you want doesn't make me a... A naughty brat." I was confident right up until I had to mumble out that embarrassing word, blushing like a volcano as I did.

"I disagree." He barley smiled, but I noticed the corner of his mouth twitch a touch. "Maybe you should apologize." He blatantly told me.

I stared at him, looking at him like he were crazy.

"Apologize? For drinking the wine that I had every right to drink?" I was outraged, this was so backwards!

"Yes." He simply answered.

I glowered.

He really wanted me to apologize to him. For drinking wine, like really? I drank wine all the time, sometimes even while doing my homework, it relaxed me. Why should I apologize for that? I admit, I shouldn't have downed it just to get under his skin, that was a little rude. And it definitely worked cause I could tell by his storming blue eyes, that it successfully got under his skin. He wasn't happy at all and... I hated to admit it but I really didn't like seeing him unhappy.