Australia Day - Part I & II

"Dinah, did you buy the streamers I asked for?" Kacey called from upstairs

Dinah frowned as she glanced away from her phone. "You didn't ask for streamers."

"Actually, she did ask for blue and white streamers if I recall." Claude tried to stifle a smile as Dinah's eye grew wide with remembrance.

"Oh crap, I totally forgot," Dinah whispered.

"Not to worry," Elijah said as he entered the kitchen and lifted two bags onto the counter. "I bought enough streamers for everyone."

Dinah huffs in relief as Kacey rushed down the stairs and into the Kitchen. Before Elijah can unpack the bags Kacey digs into them, pulling out the streamers.

"Oh yea, Terra, have you thought about school yet?" Elijah glanced at me as he unpacked the shopping bags.

"Yea, sounds like a real bad time," I muttered and picked up a container of face paint.

"I'm so glad I graduated last year." Dinah rolled her eyes and quickly typed something on her phone.

"Look, if you're going to live here, you're going to have to go to school eventually." Elijah gave me a half smile and rested his hands on the edge of the wood counter top.

"Then I won't live here, problem solve!" I said in triumph and put the paint on the counter.

Elijah sighed in defeat and looked to Claude for help.

Claude cleared his throat. "Uh, school could be a really good place for you to hide, and you know, blend in."

"Ah yes, because I'm still possibly in the run from an unknown entity." I grimaced as I poked through the items on the counter top.

"You have no memories, but maybe going to school could bring something back," Elijah suggested lightly. "I could enrol you in the same year as Kacey and Delilah, you look to be about that age."

"How is she supposed to know what classes she is supposed to be in. I mean, she's lost her memory, dad. It's not like she knows what she likes to study." Kacey came to my defence.

"Yea, she's got a point. I mean, sending a girl with no memories to school is like setting her up to fail." Dinah joined in, finally putting her phone down.

Elijah sighed as he looked between his two daughters. "I know what you are trying to do, and it's not going to work. I'll just explain the situation to the school, and they will ensure that Terra will it right in. They can give her extra classes and-"

"Ugh!" Kacey and Dinah groaned.

"Nobody likes extra school work, dad!" Kacey protested and tossed some white and blue hair lackeys at me.

"If it was my choice, I wouldn't make you go to school, but it's not. The government says anyone underage has to go to school, so." Elijah held his hands up in surrender.