Sophie and Elijah - Part V

Sophie was a flirtatious, fiery and veracious little vamp

In hind sight, she was kind of like a fairy. She never lied, not directly to your face. No, Sophie was just very good at misdirection, omitting facts and telling you what you wanted to hear. As long as it was in line with the truth. Thankfully, she was easily riled up, despite being dead and all that.

We were in the parlour of her house, discussing how we were going to pull off a rescue attempt of her daughter, nieces and Terra. Honestly I was happy to go with Elijah, but Claudius the storm cloud was worried about what she would do to him now that she knew he was dating her daughter. Despite being short of a beating heart, Sophie was incredibly protective of her daughters, and well, again... in hind sight, of young girls in particular.

That's all I am going to say on the matter.

So, there we were in the palour waiting for Elijah and Claudius to get their asses in gear. Sipping on whiskey, discussing schematics when I had to ask, "why does your husband want you dead?"

"What does that have to do with anything?" Sophie asked absently.

"Well, if he decides to kill you before or during our rescue of the young delinquents, it would be incredibly inconvenient." I replied and sipped on my whiskey, a hand tucked into my pocket as I leant against the back of a lounge.

Sophie slowly paced around the bar, fingers sliding across the Jarrah wood. "Well, it's a rather long story, and I doubt we have time."

"Knowing my brother, we have plenty of time." I retorted casually and gave her a smug smile.

"Your brother can take all the time he wants with my husband," Sophie purred with a hint of amusement. "However we do not have time, you cannot expect those fairies to keep my child and nieces alive for long."

"We have some time," I argued, "I tell you what, if Claudius and Elijah aren't ready in the next fifteen minutes, we will go ahead without them. Surely that's enough time to tell me your story."

Sophie sighed dramatically and took a slow sip of whiskey from a glass. "I told you it's a long story."

"Summarise," I smiled politely and took a sip of my own whiskey.

Sophie narrowed her eyes at me with a hint of amusement and then smiled. "Alright, I suppose I can do that at the very least." Sophie let the words hang in the air for a moment as she picked up a crystal decanter and poured herself another whiskey.

I watched as Sophie sauntered towards me with the crystal decanter in her hand. She poured me another drink while maintaining eye contact with me.

"Eli was an excellent hunter," Sophie said as she placed the crystal decanter on the side table beside the lounge. "He was the second best hunter of his siblings at the time. Sadly, he was a terrible husband." With a sway of her hips, Sophie held up her glass towards me.