[Chapter Two] |-| [Tokyo Advanced Nurturing School]

Kotarou Kami-Shiro's PoV

???: "Kamishiro-kun, wake up." 

??.: "Horikita-san, let him sleep would you? He's been severely sleep deprived recently, and you know it too".

Horikita: "I am aware of that, however, what I have to say is more important than his sleep." 

Me: "Shut up..." I murmured while readjusting my arms into a more comfortable position. I heard a scoff come from behind me and some movement. 

Horikita: "Fine, you asked for it." 

Me: ".....Ko-kun, get up or else you'll be st-"

I then screamed out in pain as I felt a sharp metallic prick entering me right arms muscle and flesh before being pulled out again. My body recoiled and my hand moved impulsively and hit the sharp item into the air before catching it.

I looked towards the culprit. It was Suzune Horikita, aka the Devil, Satan, Anti-Christ et certera.

Me: "Did you just stab me!?" 

Horikita: "It was just a little prick, no need to make such a big fuss over it," Horikita said with a slight smirk on her face. 

Me: "You stabbed me and I have your compass idiot! What would you do if I showed this is Chiyabashira?"

Horikita: "Evidence?"

Me: "Huh?"

Both me and the other boy from before, known as Kiyotaka Ayanokoji, had a look of surprise and confusion before realizing what she meant.

Me: "...What do you want?"

As I ask her this, I think back to the time me and Kiyotaka met her, Satan herself by the way.

I think it was two months ago, just before the entrance ceremony for this school.

Two months previous, the start of our story

April.

The school entrance ceremony.

I rode the bus to school, bobbing and shaking in my seat. While I looked idly out my window, watching the city's scenery change, the bus picked up more and more passengers.

Most of them were young people wearing high school uniforms.

There was also a frustrated salary worker, who looked like the type to have once mistakenly groped someone aboard a crowded bus. An unsteady elderly lady stood in front of me, wobbling so badly I thought she was in danger of falling. Considering I'd known how packed this bus would likely be, I supposed I was simply reaping what I'd sown by getting on.

I and my friend Kiyotaka were fortunate to have found two seats, but it was still crowded. I forgot about the unfortunate elderly woman and patiently waited to arrive at my destination, my mind clear as a passing stream. The weather was especially fine today, not a single cloud in the sky.

It was so refreshing being so free and normal, that I nearly fell asleep then and there, and had I done that I would have fell on Kiyo.