[Chapter Four] |-| [Coincidence? Who knows....]

Kotaro Kamishiro's PoV

The bell for the end of the school day rang, and the students left the classroom.

But The loudspeaker came alive with a soothing sound effect, and a robotic voice issued an announcement.

Loudspeaker: "Ayanokouji-kun, from first-year Class D. Kotarou Kamishiro-kun, from first year Class D. Please come see Chiyabashira-sensei in the faculty office."

Kiyotaka: "Looks like the teacher wants to see you."

Me: "Yeah... Sorry, Kushida. Gotta go."

I had been sleeping when I heard the announcement, and as I looked up, I saw Kiyotaka socializing with Kushida. Me and him had recently agreed to 'part ways' for awhile web cause of our different goals, him wanting to make friends for example, so we stopped talking as much for now.

I was sure I hadn't done anything to get me called to the office. Exiting the classroom, I could feel my classmates' stares drilling a hole into the back of my head.

I walked next to Ayanokōji, and we finally found the faculty room. I looked all around, but I didn't find Chiyabashira-sensei anywhere.

Ayanokōji called out to the teacher looking at her appearance in the mirror.

Kiyotaka: "Excuse me, is Chiyabashira-sensei here?"

Young Teacher: "Hmm? Sae-chan? Oh, she was just here a moment ago."

The teacher had wavy, shoulder-length hair, which made her look mature. The way she said Chiyabashira-sensei's name made them sound close. They were near in age and probably friends.

Young Teacher: "She must have stepped away for a minute. Do you two want to wait here?"

Ayanokoji: "No, thank you. I'll wait in the hall."

Me: "I'll stay with him, thank you however".

I needed to warn Kiyotaka about what was to come, however, the young teacher unexpectedly followed us.
Chie: "I'm Hoshinomiya Chie, in charge of Class B. Sae and I have been best friends since high school. That's why we call each other Sae-chan and Chie-chan."

That information seemed kind of superfluous.

Chie: "Hey, why did Sae-chan call you two? Huh? Huh? Why?" she asked.

Me: "No idea. We certainly haven't done anything".

Chie: "I don't understand. You were both called to the office without a reason? Hmm? What's your name?"

An onslaught of questions. She scanned me and Kiyotaka from top to bottom, as if sizing me up.

Kiyotaka: "My name's Ayanokouji," he said.

Chie: "Ayanokouji-kun, huh? Oh, wow, what's your name?"

Me: "Kotarou Kamishiro".

What was with this overly friendly teacher? She acted more like a student. If this were an all-boy school, she would have immediately captured every student's heart.