[Chaper Five] |-| [The Pitiful Study-Group]

Kotarou Kamishiro's PoV

May 1 came and went, and before we knew it, the school week was over. Ike and the others had started listening to the teacher. Only Sudou kept unashamedly falling asleep in class, but no one tried to reprimand him. Because we hadn't yet found a method to increase our points, he'd apparently decided not to fix his habits. However, many of our classmates grew to disdain him.
I was a little sleepy, myself, but I wouldn't fall asleep. I don't think anyone else would either...

Kiyotaka: "Ah?!"

I heard a sudden cry during the lesson as I saw Kiyotaka jump up, wide-eyed.

Chiyabashira-sensei: "What's the matter, Ayanokouji? You cried out. Have you started your rebellious phase or something?"

Kiyotaka: "N-no. Sorry, Chiyabashira-sensei. I got some dirt in my eye."

Kiyotaka: "Certain things are off limits! It's dangerous to stab someone!"

Horikita: "Are you angry with me?" she asked.

Kiyotaka: "You put a hole in my arm! A hole!"

Horikita: "What? When did I stab with you a compass needle, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Kiyotaka: "You're holding a dangerous weapon right now."

Horikita: "So, just because I'm holding something means I stabbed you?"

I noticed that Kiyotaka spent most of the class wide-eyed, probably not because of the lecture, but the pain.

Horikita: "Be careful. If you get caught sleeping, that would undoubtedly lead to a loss in points."

Horikita had started to take action within Class D. Her protests to the school had gone nowhere. Im just saying, is Horikita ever fell asleep in class, Kiyotaka would probably want return the favor. When everyone got up for lunch, Hirata spoke.

Hirata: "Chiyabashira-sensei mentioned that the midterm is coming up soon. Remember that if you fail, you'll be expelled. Therefore, I think it would be a good idea to form a study group."

Apparently, the hero of Class D had started another project.

Hirata: "If you neglect your studies, you'll get a failing grade and be expelled on the spot. I want to avoid that. However, studying won't just prevent expulsion; it may also help earn points. If we receive high marks, our class's assessment should improve as a result. I asked some of the students who scored high on the test to help prepare a study plan. So, I would like people who are anxious to come join our group. Everyone is welcome, of course."

Hirata stared directly at Sudou while making his grand speech.

Sudo: "Tch."

Sudou averted his gaze, crossed his arms, and closed his eyes. Ever since Sudou had stomped all over Hirata's introduction game, their relationship had been rocky.

I decided to assist Hirata.

Me: "It's as Hirata says, the key to returning points to Class D is by studying and putting as much effort into it as possible. Please continue Hirata".