Salt On My Fries

Author's Note

Hey everyone. Long time no see. It's been years. ^^;; Aha... Anyways, I'm back. Hopefully, my fanfiction isn't as cringey as it was before. And if it is,

. . .

Here we go again.

~~~

Y/N P.O.V.

He was something else...

There was this new guy at my local WacDonald's. He seemed to attract the attention of females and males alike. It was honestly hard not to look at him since everything he did looked intriguing, and he was incredibly handsome.

"Uhm... I'll have a Big Wac, large fries, a coke and... one smile, please." I heard the customer before me saying.

A smile? When I saw him smile, my heart warmed instantly, and I stood there stunned like a bee had stung me. Unconsciously, I was admiring him and his beauty mark.

"Hello. How may I help you?" he said interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh, I'd like some fries. Make it a medium."

"Will that be all?"

I found myself unable to speak as soon as our eyes met, so I just nodded and handed him the money. It was less than a minute when the guy handed me my fries.

"Thanks." I managed to say.

Before I could move out the way, a wave of girls pushed me causing me to almost drop my fries. Pissed, I clenched my fists and grit my teeth trying to refrain from cursing or throwing hands. As I walked out the door, I tossed a fry into my mouth before freezing in place. There's too much salt.

I made my way back inside the WacDonald's.

"Excuse me!" I exclaimed trying to get to the front of the line, "These fries are too salty!"

One middle-aged lady shook her head at me, "Impossible. Sakamoto-kun makes everything perfectly."

I raised an eyebrow. I felt like these people were so biased to him since he's so tall and handsome looking. I wasn't trying to pick any fights, but these fries were seriously salty. Debating whether or not I wanted to say anything else, I just turned around until I heard a, "Hello. How may I help you?"

I turned back around locking eyes with the guy from before.

"There is... too much salt on my fries."

His eyes widened for a second before returning to his calm, collected gaze.

Pushing up his glasses, he said, "Oh, really?"

Another shorter chubby boy with a baby face handed me a fresh batch of fries.

"You're the first person to complain about Sakamoto-kun. Sorry about that ma'am." the boy said apologetically.

I shook my head, "No problem. Thanks."

As I was leaving, some girls behind me growled and were whispering things I didn't really care to hear about. Before I walked out the door, I looked over my shoulder at Sakamoto and noticed him watching me. My heart started to race for some reason, so I picked up the pace and speed-walked the rest of the way home since the sun was beginning to set.

After I got home, I took my shoes off at the door before sliding across the wooden floor with my socks to my room. Sad to say, I was too lazy to walk. Besides, sock sliding was more fun. Plopping onto the bed, I watched anime till I fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I hurried to get ready for school since I didn't hear my alarm. I slipped my shoes on carrying my bag and a gatorade in the other hand before busting out the door.

"Shit!"

I ran down the street past the neighbor's barking dog, the old man who seemed to forever be walking down the same street, and the mother who pushed her son in the stroller while walking every morning. My eyes widened after noticing the school gate closing. No, no, no! I could barely even process what happened next.

All I knew was that someone grabbed me, and we flew over the gate somehow. The guy put me down, and when I opened my eyes, I looked up seeing those same enticing, dark grey eyes behind black framed glasses. I held my breath for a moment, and when I saw the beauty mark, I was sure it was him. Sakamoto-kun.