Cheating Heart Part 3

When Taylor's intro music started Joe was beside himself with excitement adding to his pleasure is the fact that his twins are seated one on each side of him clapping and cheering their Momma for every number that she performed. They held unto Joe's hands and looked lovingly at him. Joe's heart swelled with pride and love for his children. He put aside the knowledge that Taylor kept them away from him. There is a time to confront her but now he is enjoying her performance, her music and the children seated beside him. Andrea looked at them with happy tears on her eyes that finally the family will be complete hoping that Taylor and Joe would hash out their differences for the sake of their children.

The concert feels like a homecoming for Taylor, being back doing what she loves and giving joy and happiness to her millions of loyal fans. They were the only constant in her life aside from the twins, her family and close friends. She poured her heart and soul in each piece of music that she performed. The fans sang out loud all the lyrics of her album. much to Taylor's delight. Then she broke her protocol of not singing another composer's song. She sang "Love of My Life" by Freddie Mercury with emotions that soared all over the arena. At the end of the song her voice cracked and she had tears running down her face. Her adoring fans became emotional and cried with her too.

Joe felt emotional as soon as Taylor started singing the Freddie Mercury song. It reminded him of their breakup and how it hurt both of them, still in love but blinded by jealousy and anger. They didn't even have a closure just unsaid and unheard explanations that doomed their relationship. He became emotional and teary eyed and had to blink rapidly to prevent tears from falling down his eyes.

After composing herself and telling a little joke about her emotional response to the previous song Taylor told her adoring fans about the next song on her set. " This next song is a song that I have written years ago dedicated to the new loves of my life. I consider this an ode to the most beautiful human beings I have ever known and love with all my heart". The song is called " Sunshine of My Dreams". It has a bouncy, lively tune and the lyrics represent her  unending devotion and the love that she feels for her children. 

The audience loved the song but Joe has a deeper understanding of the song written for  the twins that her fans doesn't know. Allie and Matt were dancing and twirling on the aisle to the delight of Joe and Andrea. They ran back and hugged Joe when the song was over. Joe looked at them with love shining in his eyes, Andrea saw the interaction and bonding  between Joe and the kids liking what she sees.

The concert ended with a long standing ovation from Taylor's adoring fans with every body singing, dancing, yelling, cheering Taylor's fantastic return concert hugging each other just having fun and excitement.

Joe had ambivalent feelings about meeting Taylor after the show. He did not want to ruin the natural high she got from performing a massively successful concert. However the kids had other ideas they wanted Joe to meet their Momma and will not take no for an answer. Andrea just shook her head and gave Joe a meaningful smile.

Taylor was hugging and high fiving her dancers, background singers, crew and musicians all of them so happy and overjoyed with their successful first concert in  New York. She heard her twins call out to her in high pitched voices then jumped into her arms laughing  and showering her with kisses trying to out do each other. 

Seeing her children so happy and excited to be with her after a short period of separation filled Taylor's heart with immense joy. No matter how exhausted she is all signs of fatigue disappears when she is with them. She was giving them kisses and hugging them as tight as she could telling them how much she loves them.

"My babies come to Momma, I miss you so much, Momma loves you to the moon and to Saturn; and to the moon and back. I love you so much. Did you miss me? Did you have fun in the concert?"

"We love you too Momma. Matt and I had fun, we were dancing and twirling and Nana and Joe were with us during the show" Allie excitedly told her while Matt was nodding his head vigorously like a bobble head doll with matching smile on his face.

Joe watched from a distance  with a sweet smile on his face; loved the way Taylor interacted with their kids and how they responded to her. He could see the deep love they shared for each other. 

As soon as Taylor heard Joe's name she turned pale and anxious. She is not ready to face him. How dare he to come to my concert and see the children. Before she could say anything the kids pulled her to the side were Joe was standing with Andrea.

 "Come Momma you have to meet Joe. He is so nice and kind. He was dancing with us when you were singing. He said he is your friend from London".

Taylor took a deep breath and walked towards Joe and Andrea with the kids pulling and pushing her to move faster. She looks serious, and gave Joe the cold shoulder treatment that she feels he deserves. She greeted her Mom with a kiss but didn't even acknowledge Joe's presence.

Joe stood there looking at Taylor with a mixture of excitement, joy, sadness and anger over her keeping the twins a secret from him. He saw how beautiful and alluring she is in spite of perspiration on her face and arms. She has gained some weight making her look healthy and she has filled up in all the right places since he last saw her years ago. Just looking at her stirred memories of their happy times together and how in love they were before the turbulent time came.

Taylor felt betrayed by her heart when she saw Joe. She tried to ignore him due to anger and resentment within the past year, however she couldn't help but look at him. He has bulked up a bit, his arms are more muscled with bulging veins, his face has more character and the years has even made him as good looking as ever.

Taylor and Joe were brought back to reality by their two rambunctious children each one trying to get their attention by talking over each other loudly and trying to climb into Joe's arms. He took  both twins one on each of his arm  then they yelled at Taylor" Come on Momma group hug, group hug" they only stopped yelling when Taylor complied. She stood in front of Joe and put her arms around them with her cheek touching his cheek and the children's faces nuzzled on their necks. They looked like a loving family that Andrea took several pictures of them without their knowledge.

HI guys, Thank you for reading my story. I suggest that you listen to Love of My Life by Freddie Mercury of the rock group Queen on You Tube or Spotify. This is the rock group featured in the movie Bohemian Rhapsody.