Cheating Heart Part 7

The next few weeks involved Joe being more hands on in  the kids upbringing. He notified his management that he will stay in New York indefinitely. Taylor allowed him to stay in a guest room in their house that made him feel like he belongs. He took care of the kids when Taylor is busy with business dealings, they attended her concerts as much as possible and life is easier with him around. He usually makes breakfast for them adding some quirky romantic gestures heart shaped pancakes for Taylor and stars or clown faces for the kids. At times when  Taylor is so exhausted after a concert he would bring her breakfast in bed assisted by the twins. He orders bouquet of flowers for very successful concert date delivered to her dressing room or waiting for her at home. He would talk to her prior to her show wishing her luck and the best or surprise her by being in her show with the kids. He even washed dishes after cooking and attempted to cook her favorite meal which turned into a disaster. These simple gestures are fully appreciated by Taylor and she saw how a great father he has become. Her heart swelled with pride when the kids really got along with him.

One night while watching the news Taylor told Joe her decision to tell the kids who he is in their life." Joe I think it's time to introduce you to the kids that you are their real father. You have shown the love that they deserve and has always been gentle and caring to them."

Joe became teary eyed " Thank you Tay. I will continue to prove that my love for them is real and I deserve their love and affection. I love you so much."

They hugged tightly not ready to let go and kissed each other gently before they went into their separate rooms with hearts full of excitement for tomorrow to come.

Joe got up early and prepared a feast for breakfast; waffles in Mickey and Minnie shapes for the kids and hearts for him and Taylor with choice toppings of fruits, chocolate syrup, whipped cream; loaded egg omelet muffins with cheese, bacon, bell pepper, tomatoes onions, hot chocolate for the kids and freshly brewed coffee for the adults. The kids' eyes became wide with the amount of food on the table "Uncle Joe did you make all of these for us? Thank you so much" then they both hugged him.

Taylor watched how the kids were so attached to Joe, giving him a small smile of approval. They all enjoyed the food and the table was ringing with laughter and glee. After breakfast they loaded the dishes in the dishwasher and called the kids into the living room excited for the announcement  and apprehensive for their reaction.

The kids were seated between them giggling and snuggling as close to their parents. Taylor started the conversation " Allie and Matt I know you've been asking about your Daddy and want to meet him. I have found him and he is so happy and excited to be with you." The kids' eyes lit up upon hearing this.

Joe added" he loves both of you so much he will do everything he can to make you happy and be a good Daddy. He will take care of you and your Momma the best way he can and become a complete family". Joe was teary eyed when he said this looking lovingly at the innocent faces  in front of him and glanced at Taylor lovingly.

"Uncle Joe will you still love us when our Daddy arrives? We love you so much." Matt said and hugged Joe tightly, Allie turned to her Mom crying " can we keep Uncle Joe Momma? We love him so much. He takes good care of us, makes us laugh and kisses our booboo". Happy tears flowed from both parent's eyes and they shared a big hug with their kids.

"Kids Uncle Joe is not leaving us. We can keep him because he is your real Daddy." Taylor announced with a tender look on her face.

The twins reacted with wide eyed excitement, screaming looked at Joe and jumped onto his lap hugging and kissing him with tears on their cheeks. Joe hugged them as tight as he could kissing their cheeks and head with all the love he could muster. Allie and Matt were yelling Daddy, Daddy we love you repeatedly while Taylor looked on crying and joined  her family in the group hug.