the bad days

/the above video was found on luke's old video camera/

this chapter is two flashbacks

"Honey, Luke is here." My mom said on the other side of the door.

I stood up from my bed and walked to my bedroom door opening it. My mom stood there with Luke and she gave me a crooked smile. She patted Luke's shoulder and he stepped into my room. He had a backpack and his guitar slung over his back and I sighed. I gave my mom a nod and then shut the door after Luke set his stuff down.

"What happened?" I turned to face him. He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me, breaking down and crying into my arms. I slid my arms around his torso, rubbing his back gently with my hands.

"My mom and I got into another fight and I just left. I feel so bad, but I just walked out and left and I think it was for real this time." Luke cried into my shoulder, holding me tightly.

As I felt his teardrops hit my shoulder, I felt the tear drops falling from my eyes. Seeing boys cry always made me upset, but seeing Luke cry was a different kind of upset. It was more or less seeing your best friend cry, but Luke was an absolute ball of sunshine and seeing him hurt, hurt me as well.

"I'm sure things will be okay, Luke. You guys always make up." I pulled away from him, taking his hands.

"It just felt different this time, Jade. It felt different. Alright, I don't think it'll be okay this time." Looking into Luke's eyes and seeing how upset he was broke my heart.

Luke and his mom had always gotten into arguments about Luke being in the band, she just couldn't get past the fact that he was only seventeen and wanted to do this for a living. I understood where she was coming from, at least I could understand what my mom told me. My mom said from a mother's point of view, you can only hope for the best for your kid and Emily comes from a traditional family, Luke is their only child and being in a band isn't exactly traditional. She explained that eventually once things got great for us, Emily would see that it was all worth it; letting Luke stay in the band was worth it.

I know to Luke and I as children, we couldn't grasp the idea of our parents not understanding our dreams and that it seemed hurtful in the moment, but we just had to remember that they just wanted us to be more than they were.

"Do you wanna sleepover? We can sleep in the garage." I asked Luke, squeezing his hands.

"Yeah." He nodded his head and I grabbed his backpack he dropped on the floor and we walked down to the studio together. He pulled out the couch into a bed while I grabbed blankets from the loft and threw them over the rail.

"Thank you for being always being there for me." Luke said as we lay down in the bed.

"What are best friends for, huh?" I gave him a small smile and then rolled over to fall asleep.