caleb's offer

There is a chapter missing

There is a chapter missing. This is the second time that Wattpad has deleted a chapter off this book. In a previous chapter, Julie asked Ray about Jade's parents. Julie found Jade's dad and told her. Jade went to visit her dad and Caleb followed her. He stamped her just like the boys. This chapter is after Jade tells the boys that she has been stamped.

After alerting the boys that Caleb had stamped Jade, they took it upon themselves to quickly calm her down. Jade almost instantly regretted telling the boys that she had been stamped, that she had even seen Caleb at all, but she knew she couldn't lie to them.

They managed to calm her down and once they had, Sunset Curve found themselves laying around the garage sadly.

"So, he really got you too, huh Jade?" Reggie said.

"I'd say I saw it coming, but I didn't." Jade replied. She was laying with Luke on the floor, perched against the couch that Alex was sprawled out across. She was laying in between his legs with her back pressed against his chest.

"At least you know that you won't be here alone." Reggie tried to say comfortingly. Alex then hit his knee.

What helped Jade calm down the most was the feeling of hopelessness of being able to do anything about. It was a million times worse now knowing that Julie would actually be left alone without the four of them. Julie didn't need to know that Jade had been stamped. Though, Jade felt bad about not telling Julie, she just couldn't. Jade was the last hope that Julie had in terms of them crossing over, and if they didn't well at least Jade would still be there.

"Look, everything is going to be okay. We're gonna crossover. Caleb's stamp won't get to us." Alex reassured.

"But Julie." Jade said.

"She's a strong person. She's going to be okay." Luke replied.

The group rested in silence, each entering their own worlds as they thought about what was to come. Reggie thought about how crossing over might've meant heaven and he could see all the puppies and hamsters he wanted to. Alex thought about how maybe he wouldn't get into heaven at all. Luke was thinking about how if worse came to worst, at least he would still have Jade. And all Jade could think about was how broken Julie would be if they all crossed over or got destroyed by the jolts or whatever.

As the Reggie mindlessly plucked the strings on his bass and Alex unsuccessfully tried balancing a drumstick on his nose and Luke and Jade sat in each other's arms, Julie came into the studio.

Julie looked at the saddened group and sighed. "Snap out of it!" She yelled.

The four of them jumped in their places (well, Alex actually fell off of the couch) and turned to her. "Jeez, I think you broke Alex." Reggie said. In any other situation, Jade would have laughed at his comment.

"Do you guys want to cross over or what?" Julie asked. The group sat up, kind of surprised that she was even saying something like this. Luke pushed Alex back up onto the couch and looked back to the short, curly haired girl standing in front of them. Neither of them said anything. "Get it together!" She snapped again, clapping her hands in between words to get her point across.