winter wonderland

/ this chapter is a flashback/ 

"You guys do this every year," Jade laughed as she rolled a small ball of cookie dough between her hands. Reggie and Luke were in the middle of a flour fight while Alex stood next to Jade helping her measure out ingredients for the next batch of cookies. 

"He started it." The two teenage boys said at the same time, pointing accusing fingers at each other. 

Luke reached over the counter top and and took a chunk of cookie dough from Jade's bowl earning a scowl, "You love us, though." He winked. 

"Always will," Jade said a small smile on her face.  

"What are you guys doing for actual Christmas?" Alex asked. 

"Alex, you know you can come here. You all can if you want. Luke will be here with his parents." Jade said, looking up at the tall blonde.

"Thanks, JJ." Alex nodded. 

"Friendmas on actual Christmas? That sounds like something I can't miss. I'll try and get away from my parents, though I don't think they'll exactly notice if I slip out." Reggie said. 

"Yeah, same here." Alex replied. Jade put her arm around him and leaned into his side. 

"I guess we'll just have two Friendmases then." Jade smiled at her friends. 

Jade had invited the male members of Sunset Curve over for their annual Friendmas that they had every year. This year was more special because for majority of the Sunset Curve members, things weren't going swell in the family department. 

Jade thought it'd be nice to have Friendmas early this year, not only so they could exchange gifts, but also so they could decorate her family's tree together. Alex's tree had been decorated without his knowledge, likely due to the fact that he had come out as gay, which did in turn, hurt his feelings. Reggie's parents didn't even bother putting up a tree this year due to insane amount of arguing they had done over the past few months. It'd be a surprised if they were still under the same roof by the time Christmas came. Things were still rocky with Luke and his parents, but they still decorated the tree together. 

So the group partook in baking cookies and exchanging gifts as they usually do and would go to the ice rink later on, but the only thing different was that they'd help Jade and her parents decorate their tree. 

That's one thing Luke loved about Jade. She was constantly thinking about others. She already was going to invite Alex after hearing about the fiasco with his family, but after hearing about Reggie, she invited him immediately as well. If she could do anything, even the smallest things to make her friends happy, she'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Little did they know, Jade would be the only one to make it to Christmas. 

"Why didn't we make gingerbread houses or something? That'd be so fun." Reggie said to Jade.