edge of great pt. I

"Can I tell you something?" Luke asked me

"Can I tell you something?" Luke asked me. I always got nervous when he'd say something like that, mostly because knowing Luke, you'd literally have no idea what would come out of his mouth. 

I nodded, nonchalantly saying, "Sure. Always." 

"I think me and the boys are gonna go back to the Hollywood Ghost Club." He said. That of course was something I did not expect him to say. I was hopeful that hey, maybe he'd come out here and admit his feelings to me, but that was too much to ask, as usual. 

"I'm sorry?" I let a nervous breathy laugh escape my lips as I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him.

The boys did tell me about their endeavor to the HGC and about the strange, but amazingly talented Caleb Covington that apparently had the power to make us visible to Bobby so we could make him admit what he did was wrong. He sounded kind of sus to me, but I wasn't gonna force myself to get into an argument with the boys about anything, let alone some ghost magician. 

"Caleb, you know? He said we could come back anytime to fix our little problem. I think that we should go see him-"

"Luke, no." I shook my head looking down at my hands in my lap, "I thought we were past this." 

"We are, but I just can't get over what Bobby did to us. To you." He placed his fingers under my chin and tilted my face to look at him. 

"We have new songs, a new band. Like Julie said, the only way to get back at him is for this band to do great. Please, just get over the Trevor/Bobby thing. Please? For me." I reached up and took his hand that was under my chin and brought it to my chest, holding it between my small hands. My heart pounded just feeling his touch against my own and I wanted to never let go.

"I really don't think I can. I owe it to Alex, Reggie and you. I'm not doing it for me, I'm doing it for us." Luke said to me after a moment of silence.

I dropped his hand and stood up, looking down at him, "No, Luke, it honestly sounds like you're doing it for you. Why can't you just let it go? We have this now." I gestured to the garage and Julie's house, which used to be my own. "We don't need revenge. The best revenge we can get is doing great." 

"I need to do this. I messed up everything for us 25 years ago, if this is the one thing I can do that I won't screw up then I need to do it, Jay, come on." Luke hopped up to his feet as well and I backed away from him.

"You're going to mess up way more if you keep on this childish track of revenge, Luke." I didn't stand there for another moment, I just poofed out of the driveway. I didn't know where I was going, but when I landed in the sand I knew exactly where I was. 

I plopped down in the sand and looked at the waves as they were crashing against the shore. I looked into the sky and stared at the full glowing moon for a moment. This was our spot. The Sunset Curve spot. It's actually the spot where Sunset Curve decided on our name. We always loved to come out here and watch the sunset after a long day of playing on the pier, and we always talked about how if you stared at the horizon long enough, you could see the earth curve. Reggie actually came up with curve part, which was genius on his behalf.